PDA

View Full Version : Help - Bird Attack!

ShinyTom
06-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Ok I`ve been hit before by bird lime plenty of times before - but not like this!

The car is 3 months old (dark blue metallic) and at the weekend I gave it a wash, polish with P21S GEPC and Wolfgang sealant on top. The sealant was protected from any moisture for 24 hours afterwards as recommended.

Anyway the bird hit the car on the roof and when removing it, the muck was quite powdery (it could have been on the car for up to 12 hours). After cleaning up with quick detailer the paint underneath is noticeably duller from all around.

How do I blend the dull paint with the rest of the car? Should I wash, clay, polish and use sealant on the affected area? Do I need a polish with a little more cut than GEPC - I have Autoglym SRP?

I was hoping that the sealant would provide some protection from this and am a bit disappointed about how susceptible the paintwork is after all that wax/sealant protection, but it was only one coating. Do any products protect paint after contact with bird lime?

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas

imported_Gears
06-23-2005, 02:45 AM
I hate them birds when they dump on my car!

I`ve had some luck just treating the area thats dull.

If I don`t want to do the entire panel I just try some SSR2 on a MF

and work the stained area by hand. This will most likely remove the stain

you have. With the protection you just put on the car it should have been well protected

from any real damage.

Lowejackson
06-23-2005, 04:59 AM
I would wash, spot clay and start with SRP and then review