PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a PC Polisher with Zaino polish?

_JJ_
06-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Dr. Bonz via 350zFrenzy said this was the place to ask any questions about machine polishing. I`m about ready to get a PC 7424 but I always like using terry cloth for both application and removal. Based on reading other posts, I know it would be in my best interest to get a different backing plate and a couple of different foam applicators but which "cut" of foam applicators is best if a bonnet is used over it? Do I still need a seperate foam applicator for application and removal if I use a bonnet each time?

Yes, I`m a newbie. At one point, we all are. :grinno:

_JJ_
06-23-2005, 05:26 PM
to the top

Matt M, PA
06-24-2005, 06:33 AM
I used a PC 7336 with a Hook-It plate and Meguiars` pads. (Most of what I am going to write is also available with a forum search) I use it to with a finishing pad to apply Zaino, after giving a spritz of Z6 to the pad. I then remove with a cotton towel. Works great.

SK2003TypeS
06-24-2005, 07:36 AM
For applying Z with my PC 7424, I have a 6" counterweight and 6" backing plate. I use a Lake country Finishing pad and remove it all with MF towels. I find applying Z with a PC helps me get thin even coats.

ssarcevic
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
For applying Z with my PC 7424, I have a 6" counterweight and 6" backing plate. I use a Lake country Finishing pad and remove it all with MF towels. I find applying Z with a PC helps me get thin even coats.

What he said!!! By the way, :welcome .

Old Rattle Flat
06-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Same thing here. LC Finishing with a spritz of Z6 on it. A number of people use syringes to apply to the pad and for mixing with SFX. If you do a search on the word "syringe" you should find lots of threads discussing Zaino application and techniques.

Intercooled
06-24-2005, 07:32 PM

Just what he said. But I find I use a bit more product. Doesn`t bother me but some find it not to be cost effective. :buffing: