PDA

View Full Version : New Car (Hoda Accord)- Detailing ?

01986S
06-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Just picked up a new Accord EX V6 in Graphite Pearl (darker Gray)

What if anything, should I do concerning paint and detailing.

Was thinking of using SG on it.

Didnt think AIO would be necessary.

Any Advice on new car paint detailing would be appreciated ????

Wasatch
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Give it a good wash and clay it. I would still use a glaze and then some wax or sealant/wax combo.

spotter
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
I have the Graphite Pearl on my Accord as well and I have been really happy with it. It has good depth but does not have the annoying properties of black.

Definitely wash and clay before doing anything. I personally like AIO and then 2-3 layers of SG on mine followed up with S100 or #16. You can easily get by without the wax but I would not leave out the clay or AIO.

toml
06-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Ditto on the above. On my graphite pearl Accord, I have AIO and 2 coats of UPP on it. Looks pretty nice, but I`m going to experiment with some VM, RMG, and CMW on it, as well as topping the UPP with either S100 or FK1 Pink wax, and see what looks better.

bjackson8
06-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I have the same color Accord. This is what I have used so far, and my results.

Megs #26 - Doesn`t do anything for this color. Kills the metallic, darkens considerably.

Megs #16 - Looks really good. Good depth and shine

NXT - Looks great, durability sucks

Collinite 845 - Best so far. Great shine and wetness.

White95Max
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
What does graphite pearl look like?

I`ve yet to find any color that AIO/WG or AIO/UPP looks bad on.

imported_krsjuan
06-22-2005, 06:38 PM
What does graphite pearl look like?

I`ve yet to find any color that AIO/WG or AIO/UPP looks bad on.

Its a dark gray with pearl in it. I really like this color and as was said earlier, you can get great depth and it`s not as unforgiving as black.

Tasty
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
First of all I admire your purchase. I miss my `03 Accord V6, which we traded for an `05 CR-V, immensely. If you`ve looked at the new Accord rear end on Temple of VTEC you know that you got in on the end of a good thing. The new prototypes look hideous. Anyway, keep a good coat of wax on it, and polish as needed. Ours was silver which many people don`t like because it was hard to make "POP", but it hides defects very nicely. My next car will be silver for that reason.

J.J.
06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
First of all I admire your purchase. I miss my `03 Accord V6, which we traded for an `05 CR-V, immensely.

I really like the new CRVs. What is it you don`t like about yours. My mother was contemplating the purchase of a new CRV. Some user info. would be beneficial.

JJ

imported_hadboosttroy
06-22-2005, 07:16 PM
the new crv`s are great, i`m sure he just misses the fun to drive aspect of the v6 accord compared to the crv.

Tasty
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
the new crv`s are great, i`m sure he just misses the fun to drive aspect of the v6 accord compared to the crv.

Exactly! I really miss the V6. That is the main thing. I love the CR-V, don`t get me wrong. But when you go from a "sporty" sedan like that to a "baby mover" ( we have one, and one on the way) you miss the handling and acceleration of a car vs. an SUV. The CR-V is a really nice car. I love Hondas, and we really didn`t even consider anything else. The CR-V has almost as many amenities as the Accord did for less money. Your mom won`t be disappointed. However, the `07s are rumored to have 180-200 HP, plus total redesign, vs. the current models 160 HP. Honda keeps denying it, but I suspect they will also offer a V6 option. I don`t have to tell you how cool that would be. Toyota offers it in the RAV-4 and Highlander, Ford offers it in the Escape, how can Honda not offer it in the CR-V and stay in the hunt? Only mileage would be the reason.