PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove your Excel detail towel tags?

trueblueblood
06-22-2005, 08:26 AM
I tried doing this on one of my excel detail towels with the silk edge border and it seems like you can`t do it without harming th silk edging. Any tips or tricks here, Thanks :xyxthumbs

SpoiledMan
06-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Very carefully with scissors worked for me.

toml
06-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I tried doing this on one of my excel detail towels with the silk edge border and it seems like you can`t do it without harming th silk edging. Any tips or ticks here, Thanks :xyxthumbs

On the yellow Supreme towel, I just ripped mine out carefully. Seemed to work okay. :nixweiss

spotter
06-22-2005, 09:33 AM
There was a really old post showing pictures of how to do this from a couple of years ago but when I tried it I still had a problem with the edging fraying. I solved the problem by making my next batch of MF from PakShak and there were no tags to remove.

imported_Jinba ittai
06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
They put a silk edging on to reduce the possibilities of scratches and then sew a tag in. Go figure. :think: :hm

trueblueblood
06-22-2005, 12:25 PM
http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=29279&pd=95550

These are the ones, I love the towel and especially having the sewn border although the tag feels soft and silky like the border, I still don`t like it and wonder if it scratches. I very carefully tried removing the edges and it frayed on me and remember the article with removing the borders but I believe these are sewn alittle differently. I end up with one side of the towel I never use. Well still taking replies :think:

imported_pugoman
06-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I`ve found some tags to be easier to tear out when the cloth is still damp immediately after taking them out of the washing machine. Give it a try... it doesn`t work with all tags mind you.

AMDin93103
06-22-2005, 09:05 PM
There was a really old post showing pictures of how to do this from a couple of years ago.. .

Mosca wrote that. I fold back the tag, slice just above the seam w/a X-acto fine tip and then extract the embedded tag w/ tweezers. Game of "Operation" yes. Really only takes about 10 seconds per towel.