PDA

View Full Version : Harley Road King

brwill2005
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I maintain this Harley for a client of mine. He initially had me polish it. I used Menzerna IP and FP with my mini Wen orbital. I waxed it with OCW. He now has me wash it at least once a month. These before and afters pictures are of just a wash. I am pretty impressed with the quality of the paint job on this Harley, it is much better than most cars I have worked on. The pictures look a little funny because I resized them.

brwill2005
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Wow, tuff crowd.

Thomas Dekany
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Looks very nice, do you have any pictures that are a little larger? How long does it take you to detail it and what steps?

Tasty
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Tough crowd perhaps because the pics are too far away to notice any real detail.

Ben Kenobi
06-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Nice detailing work! I`m curious as to how long it took you. My neighbour across the street asked me to wash and detail his Harley. I imagine it would take a couple of hours?

Thanks,

Paul

brwill2005
06-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Sorry about the size of the pics. I have tried to upload larger pics, but apparently 440 by 380 is the limit. In this case, It was just a maitenance wash, the bike was already pretty clean. It takes me about an hour and a half to two hours. The hardest part is cleaning the whitewalls. You have to reposition the bike several times to ensure you get the whole tire. I clean the wheels and tires first. I then do the engine/tranny area. After that, I wash the painted areas. I dry it thoroughly with my Metro dryer, which can take a while given all the nooks and crannys. I then use Sprayway glass cleaner and a MF to wipe down all the chrome. Lastly, I use Leatherique Pristine Clean to clean/condition the sadle bags and seats. Thanks for the replies guys.