PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on aplicator pads

imported_steveo3002
06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
ive always used a small piece of soft cloth to apply my wax/sealant , but i see theres alot of aplicator pads around now. does anyone think that these waste alot of product sinse the sponge inside the pad will soak alot of wax up that wont be used on the car

just looking for opinions

rollman
06-21-2005, 02:04 PM
A good way to avoid the sponge soaking up the product is to prime the pad with either a detail spray or water . Just mist the pad with either and go to work . I like both foam and MF applicators , they do a nice job .

Happy detailing

:buffing:

SK2003TypeS
06-21-2005, 02:11 PM
There will be some unused product that gets sucked into the pad. A long time ago, I use to use pieces of old shirts and socks to apply wax. The concern with that is the consistancy and quality of the media you`re using and whether or not it will introduce scratches/marring to the paint.

Mochamanz1
06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
IMHO, no matter what is used to apply products to a car, there will be some wasted product. I used MF applicators for 2 reasons, first is the non marring properties of MF, the second is that the finer texture of the various MF applicators allows thinner layers to be applied. This is especially important with products such as Klasse SG, Zaino, and others. :2thumbs: