PDA

View Full Version : "polishing" under wing... PC dosent fit

integraoligist
06-21-2005, 10:02 AM
hey all, i`m using the following products via pc:

AIO

WG Sealent

FK1 Pink wax

My question is, the area between my wing and hatch is to small to get a PC in there... can i still use these products by applying them by hand? and if so, do i just use a regular applicator pad?

Accumulator
06-21-2005, 10:07 AM
.. the area between my wing and hatch is to small to get a PC in there... can i still use these products by applying them by hand? and if so, do i just use a regular applicator pad?

Yes and yes. You can also try using a *big* pad on the PC and letting the overhanging edge of it slip under the wing. Or take the wing off to do the polishing (but then you might find you like the look better *without* the wing ;) ).

White95Max
06-21-2005, 10:28 AM
I just use a MF applicator by hand anytime I need to polish a hard-to-get-to-with-the-PC area.

integraoligist
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
gotcha... thanks guys... btw when i use an applicator pad, do you do the back-and-forth motion... or circular motions (like it says on wax bottles)?

Accumulator
06-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Doesn`t matter- consider that the PC is "random orbital"/goes in every direction- your hand can do the same thing. Unless you`re marring the paint, in which case straight lines won`t show as much, but you shouldn`t be marring the paint anyhow ;)

White95Max
06-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah if you`re rubbing something on the paint that is marring it, why would you be worried about polishing it anyway? Back and forth, or circular, it doesn`t matter. Just use a clean applicator so you don`t have to worry about any marring.

integraoligist
06-21-2005, 01:24 PM
gotcha... thanks guys for the help!