PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here drive a Chevy Cobalt?

GlossyTundra
06-21-2005, 08:57 AM
My gf just got a 2005 silver chevy cobalt LS. She has had a 1995 dodge ram 1500(with some nice sounding pipes), and a 2003 dodge dakota. But while she was at the beach with me this weekend, her mom just decided to go trade her truck for this little car. Boy was she confused when I brought her home. She says she would still rather have a truck, but for a car she likes it. THe car itself is pretty nice. Her mom diddent get the sport package or the SS package, but it still looks pretty slick. Its got a kickin 228 watt pioneer stereo with a 10" sub in the truck that came from the factory. The only problem is that I cant find any established forums on the car and dont have much information on the thing.

Any body here drive on or have an experience with one?

BTW- It`s getting AIO+UPP tommorow :waxing:

Brandon

Kanchou
06-21-2005, 09:38 AM
i test drove one through some cone-dodging. The platform handles much nicer than the Cavalier J-body.

But, its still a GM product and still has issues.

Corey Bit Spank
06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Not a bad car. I do hope it`s 5 speed :)

Mr Monk
06-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Brandon - Check out the Automobile Section of the New York Times web page.

This past Sunday they reviewd the Cobalt and gave it a "thumbs up."

C. Charles Hahn
06-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I would be truly mad if that happened to me. Did her mom say WHY she traded for the little econo-crap box?

Corey Bit Spank
06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Maybe she thought she was getting a really great deal with the "employee discount for all" pricing that GM is doing. I wouldn`t want to know how well those depreciate now...