PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Paint Renovater Question

Richt
06-21-2005, 03:39 AM
Has anyone got any idea where this fits into the abbrassive scale compared to the Poorboys SSR`s, DCAP etc?

Only having the PC for a few weeks I really only brought mild polishes to correct light swirls on my 2005 Black car. So far I have been able to use 80 speed Glaze and 82 Swirl free by varying the pads on my paint.

I PC`d a friends car with it and even tough there was so more heavy marks, Speed Glaze and a cutting pad still worked well. After how well his car came up his GF asked me to do her car. Her car however has heavy swirls and unfortunatley I didnt have any off the Autopia chosen swirl removers. Speed Glaze was the most abbrassive thing I had to hand. Until I found the AG.

I ended up using an old botttle off AG Paint Renovater I have had for ages, hoping it was more abbrassive than the megs polishes I had. It removed some off the swirls but not all, even with a cutting pad. I have promised to have another go, but now need to work out from how abbrassive the AG is and what to step up to?

Cheers

Rich

Mad iX
06-21-2005, 03:53 AM
I like using AG Paint Renovator by hand. Never tried it with a PC but I don`t think it`s more aggressive than #80. You`ll probably have to step up to #83 or something from AG`s bodyshop line.

Richt
06-21-2005, 04:18 AM
Likewise I had only ever used it by hand, and didnt know where it fitted in the abbrassive scale.

Cheers I will try some DCAP or SSR 2.5 when I grab some.

AndyC_1
06-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Rich, I was surprised by how mild this was when used by PC. I`d personally say it`s around the same as Poorboys Pro Hand Polish - certainly SSR1 at worst.

Richt
06-21-2005, 06:03 AM
That`s why I did not alot more than clean the ingrained grime, should have used the 80 after all then!

Lowejackson
06-21-2005, 10:09 AM
It has been a few years since I last used it but from memory I recall it was quite aggressive, similar to DACP.

I would also accept old age as defence in case I am wrong.

Maybe DavidB will chime in as he sells the AG PR

dalepearson
06-22-2005, 03:20 AM
I tired this with my PC, wasnt to impressed with what it can do, wasnt impressed by hand either though.

Richt
06-22-2005, 04:05 AM
By hand it can go through paint, trust me I have!

Alfisti
06-22-2005, 05:03 AM
I had little success with a PC...seems to be optimised for hand use.

It is a non-buffered aluminium oxide abrasive cleaner and I find it to be quite aggressive with a terry cloth, especially on oxidation.