PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Touch-up paint?

Adam Boca
06-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Good Morning!

Newbie here on this forum and have a couple questions.

I am working on my 2004 Mazda6 that is Redfire Metallic. I just recently purchased this car. When cleaning I noticed TONS of sratches that have been touched up and some that have not. They both look really bad! I am looking for a reliable place to purchase touch-up paint that will match. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, I have searched and have found nothing..Is there a thread with information on what steps are needed to use when touching up?

Many thanks!

Adam Boca

2004 Mazda 6

1969 Corvette Conv.

Aequitas
06-18-2005, 10:02 AM
you`d probably want to try and buff some of the scratches out before using touch up paint, it takes a lot of work to get them looking really good using touch up paint. Best place to buy touch up paint is at the dealership, just go to the parts department.

Adam Boca
06-18-2005, 10:23 AM
The scratches are to deep. They are showing the primer..

I will need to apply touchup..I do not want to use Langka...

The closest Mazda dealership is 45minutes away..

AkronSi
06-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Do you know that the color of your paint is specific to Mazda. You might be able to get a matching color at a Ford/Mercury dealer. Just an idea (although they may be just as far away as the Mazda dealer).

scooch
06-21-2005, 04:53 AM
www.paintscratch.com just have your color code so you can check that it matches the code which they have for Redfire Metallic: 25W/G2

Adam Boca
06-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Do you know that the color of your paint is specific to Mazda. You might be able to get a matching color at a Ford/Mercury dealer. Just an idea (although they may be just as far away as the Mazda dealer).

Good thought, I have a couple that are close..

Thanks!

Adam Boca

gav'spurplez
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
at a dealer or a body shop,