PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to crspotless customer service.

roaringmouse
06-18-2005, 09:31 AM
I received my DI100 filter last week and couldn`t wait to try it out. I wanted my first wash to be great so I did the complete wash/rinse using DI water and my 1.6GPM electric pressure washer.

Since the filter was brand new I didn`t plug in the light that tells you if your output water is properly filtered.

I parked my car in the garage and let it dry. I was surprised to see so many spots.

I reconnected my filter and plugged in the light. I found that no combination of water pressure or nozzle would keep the light on for more then 2-3 seconds.

I was really bummed so I emailed crspotless on Sunday and ask if I could have received a defective filter or if my water was so bad the filter couldn`t handle it.

I am very please to report I received a reply within an hour (on a Sunday) apologizing for the problem and explaining that during shipment some filter cartridges have been knocked out of alignment. I was told to remove and reconnect the enclosure holding the filters. I was also given a cell phone number to call if wanted additional help.

Did as told and it fixed my problem.

I justed washed my car today in the bright Florida sun and had almost no spots. Actually my neighbor couldn`t see any spots. I had to look at the finish in the shade, at an angle and could see some very faint spots.

Very nice product and great service.

everglo
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
I justed washed my car today in the bright Florida sun and had almost no spots. Actually my neighbor couldn`t see any spots. I had to look at the finish in the shade, at an angle and could see some very faint spots.

Very nice product and great service.

I`m considering purchasing this product. So I am looking at others experience before I do. Thanks for posting on this product. My concern is that they guarantee no spotting at all. But you state that it fails to accomplish what they guarantee the product to do. Does it continue to spot? How has it performed these past 6 or so months? Anyone else have experience with this product?

Setec Astronomy
02-04-2006, 02:23 AM
You`ve got to understand that the water that comes out of the device does not leave spots. However, if you leave soap residue or tap water pre-rinse residue on the car, it will spot. You know those cracks and crevices on your car where water always drips out of when you think you have it dry? Those are the places where some trapped dirt, soap, or tap water will escape from and leave spots. One other thing to think about is if you only have one hose, and move it from your regular tap to the CRSpotless, you have a fair amount of tap water in the hose (depending how long it is) which has to be expelled before the water will be "spotless".

usdm
02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I also have one of those systems, but truth be told, it gets very limited

use. It`s reserved now for the drop-off and pick up clients who want a

wash, or wash/ wax. It only gets used during the very hot summer

months since it takes entirely too long for a car to dry when its not

hot out. Finally, to get the maximum benefit, I have to use my power

washer for the rinse step, since I don`t have anything else that will

keep the water at a low gpm. Finally, I only use it for dark colored cars

that show marring very easliy. For everything else, though, I stick

with the tried and true methods of flood rinsing and a few good soft

waffle weaves.

When used within it limits, the CR system does its job very well. But

I could very well live without it, because it`s benefits are just that; limited.

DM101
02-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I looked at the specs and 100 gal. of DI water probably would not fit my needs. When I wash a car I use alot of water. Good luck..Let us know how you like it after a few washes.

Setec Astronomy
02-04-2006, 02:01 PM
usdm--I`m not a pro, like it sounds like you are. I don`t wait for the water to dry on the car like in the CR video, I blow it off, and dry any small remainders with a WW. In (warm) pollen season, if the car is clean (and waxed/sealed) except for pollen on top, I can do a foam gun washdown, tap rinse, DI rinse, and blow dry, without touching the car.

MDRX8--you don`t use the CR exclusively for your rinse water, you rinse with tap water, then displace the tap water with the CRSpotless rinse. Some people say that only uses about 2-3 gallons, I`d say more like 5 to be thorough. If you run soft water through the CR (which I haven`t done yet) it should last much longer than the advertised number of gallons.

John U
02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I love my CRSpotless.

My local water plays havoc on my black paint.

I`ve tried it on rinse only but the unfiltered water still spotted before I rinsed.

Yes, I`m washing in my garage actually totally out of the sun!!! In the cool morning also.

I can use tap water on the Pearl white or maroon vehicles with no problem.

Later,

JU

usdm
02-05-2006, 12:54 AM
usdm--I`m not a pro, like it sounds like you are. I don`t wait for the water to dry on the car like in the CR video, I blow it off, and dry any small remainders with a WW. In (warm) pollen season, if the car is clean (and waxed/sealed) except for pollen on top, I can do a foam gun washdown, tap rinse, DI rinse, and blow dry, without touching the car.

Actually, I`m just an enthusiast like most here, but thanks for the compliment. :2thumbs:

As you mention it, I completely forgot about the blower/ airblade thingy I have.

I also use that to assist in removing water, but even that is regulated to dark cars (heck,

I don`t even use those things on my cars anymore :laugh: ).

I guess I`m really lazy, cause I tend to just rush for the ww towels and finish off from

there. Running around to connect this hose to that hose, and then running around

to connect and disconnect extention cords just to dry off a car can be a bit of a

hassle. It all works very well, but if any of you guys are as disorganized as me,

then you know what I`m talkiing about :chuckle:

As for the size of the kit, unless one is doing a bunch of cars on a regular basis,

the 100 should work fine. The only thing i would add, is to besure that if the unit

is not going to be utilized for a period of several weeks to a month, remove the DI

filter elements out of the canisters, and let them dry out. Otherwise, the filter

element will mold up and become useless.

Setec Astronomy
02-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, the way you mentioned clients, it sounded like you were a pro. And I know just what you mean about the hoses...I got all this stuff to make the job faster...and then I spend all kinds of time taking it all in and out. I bought some hose splitters and reels to minimize all the hose monkeying around, but then I never got around to setting it all up right...at least I got quick disconnects on everything, but you`re right, it`s a lot of hose plugging and unplugging, especially when you`ve got a foam gun too...

usdm
02-05-2006, 11:03 AM
LOL, out of all the fancy stuff i have here, the foam gun and grit guards

are the only parts that get used very regularly. I`ve used and abused those

things so much, that I`m going to have to replace them very soon. Now

they are definitely worth every penny.