PDA

View Full Version : 2003 `Pewter` M/B C320

Don
05-02-2003, 01:02 AM
My friend is getting a new Benz (It should be on the boat over by now). I am the ONLY person who he trusts enough to detail his car, and he wants it done as soon as he takes delivery.

My plan is to :
1) Clay
2) #82 w/polishing pad
3) AIO w/finishing pad (speed setting 5)
4a) UPP by hand (MAYBE finishing pad)
or
4b) Collinite Liquid Insualtor w/finishing pad (speed setting 4-4.5)

Due to the results I got using cleaner wax, finishing pad & high speed on the wife`s Jeep, I figure that using AIO & a finishing pad at a higher speed should be a good combination as a final `cleaning/prep` step.

I`m ordering the Collinite, UPP and AIO in the next couple of days. Hopefully I`ll have a chance to test the two combinations (AIO + UPP and AIO + Collinite LI).

Any opinions or suggestions?

onthespot
05-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Hi Don,

I use Collinite 845 LI extensively. I have found that applying it with a misted cotton applicator by hand is much better than using a machine. A little Collinite goes a long way. I used to use my Gem Orbital to apply it, but started hand applying 1.) after I realized how much I wasted and 2.) after I saw how much I had to do by hand anyhow.

Additionally, some people take this wax off before it dries. All this really does it smear it around. I wait until it has dried completely before removing it.

Just a few suggestions regarding the Collinite. Hope it turns out great for you. Please keep us posted on the results.

Regards,
Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, North Carolina)

Don
05-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by onthespot
Hi Don,

I use Collinite 845 LI extensively. I have found that applying it with a misted cotton applicator by hand is much better than using a machine. A little Collinite goes a long way. I used to use my Gem Orbital to apply it, but started hand applying 1.) after I realized how much I wasted and 2.) after I saw how much I had to do by hand anyhow.

Regards,
Onthespot (On The Spot Mobile Detailing, North Carolina)

I was fooling around with the PC and used a butter knife to spread a bit of Mother`s N/A Carnuaba paste on a finishing pad misted w/Eagle One WipeNShine...I used three `slices` roughly the size and thickness of a quarter of wax on the pad, and was able to coat my wife`s entire Jeep (OK, so I had to smear on a nickle sized slice to do the roof), so I personally don`t think I`m wasting too much in that respect. I think that as long as you don`t give the wax too much time to `soak in` to the pad, it should be fine. I may have applied it too thin though, I`m used to synthetics now & try to use as little as possible.

We shall see, thanks for the tips :)

TheCompleteLook
05-06-2003, 03:28 PM
You didnt mention the interior. I would suggest 303 Aero Protect for all the vinyl; you can also do the ext trim and tires. It is BEST for UV protection and has a great supple look, not too shiny. Also, you might want to scotchgard the carpets to help keep them nice.