PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Sorry grass!

White95Max
06-17-2005, 11:46 AM
I went camping in northern WI last weekend and it rained every night. Fortunately I had a big tarp that I laid under the tent so that no water could seep through the floor.

Well when I got home, I spread out the trap behind the shed to dry in the sun. I forgot about it, and left it there for maybe 36hrs. When I went back and folded it up, everything looked fine. The tarp was dry, and everything was normal. So yesterday afternoon I was walking around the yard with the dog and noticed this..:eek: :lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/White95Max/DeadGrass.jpg

Since my parents are on vacation for a while, I`ll keep watering it every evening and see what happens. My neighbor walked out while I was watering yesterday and said, "Hi Paul...trying to bring that grass back from the dead?" LOL obviously the neighbors noticed it right away. Oh well.

pragma
06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I once washed off my pool`s solar cover and then put it out to dry on my grass. It only took a few hours to kill off the grass. It left a pool size brown patch in my lawn and I needed to reseed the entire area. I should have taken a picture.

White95Max
06-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Hmm some grass seed may be in my future?

I still get a crack out of it when I walk behind the shed. There`s a nearly straight line where the grass is dead! I wonder what my other neighbor thought. She`s with her lawn/garden like Autopians are with cars.

Lowejackson
06-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Green paint?

One option (expensive) would be to buy new turf or just reseed (cheap).

imported_norahcrv
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Putting a tarp/cover over the soil is how they "sterilize" the soil here in AZ to prevent weeds, so if you go ahead & reseed now, weeds should not be a problem in that area!! ;)

When are the folks coming home?? :eek:

ScubaStevo
06-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I accidently did that with our solar cover for the pool. A 25x45 section of solar cover does horrible things to a front yard...

White95Max
06-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by norahcrv

Putting a tarp/cover over the soil is how they "sterilize" the soil here in AZ to prevent weeds, so if you go ahead & reseed now, weeds should not be a problem in that area!! ;)

When are the folks coming home?? :eek:

Well I can tell my dad that I got rid of the weeds behind the shed for Father`s Day!

They`re coming home next weekend.

Dave N
06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Just send that picture into the Coast To Coast AM (http://www.coasttocoastam.com) website and say it was a UFO that landed in your back yard. If they publish it on the CTC website, then you can show your dad the "proof" that it was a UFO. :p

klnyc
06-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Its time for that Green Thumb to drop by, Pual :D