PDA

View Full Version : CMA: Menzerna Acrylic Shield haze

chevyguy28
06-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey Guys,

Love the Acrylic Shield. The slickest QD I know of by far.

However, today I noticed an odd problem on my black paint. Using a DF towel, the product would dry to a very faint haze as I worked it in fully. Only noticeable up close.

The haze was pretty much stuck on the paint. No amount of rubbing with a MF towel or with my bare finger takes it out, so I had to finally wipe it down with another QD.

Suggestions? I can try using a more absorbant towel, but it seems to me that the product should not dry on the paint like that.

You can almost describe it as what Klasse SG looks like when dry, except very faint.

- J

jmsc
06-17-2005, 05:05 PM
I`ve had haze on certain spots of my car using this Acrylic Shield. If I sprayed too much in one spot OR if I let it dry too long before wiping. So now I use very little spray on a smaller area, spray and wipe off quickly and use MF (Waynestowel, Ultimate Wipe, Dragon Fibre Buffing Cloth) I have no hazing.

I agree its slick (like 1Z Raindance) but I`ll be using Zaino`s Z-8 next week for comparisons. Good product though.

SVR
06-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Top product. Am using aquatouch mitt to apply and pakshak teal blue plus cloth to finish off. Great results

Only use a quick mist on each panel since it doesn`t come in big size

I do however top the bottle up with purified water when it gets down to 75% full

Sometimes add a hint of UGE or DP as well

chevyguy28
06-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I`ll give a MF towel that mops it up more quickly a shot.

However, I don`t believe a QD should dry so quickly that it leaves haze behind that is not removable other than when using a different QD to take it off.

When working it in, I can literally see it drying in streaks that are in the direction I`m working the product in. Never noticed it on my other car of course because it`s silver.

The black car shows everything.

- J

MattZ28
07-22-2005, 07:53 AM
IMO this product is a PITA to use. I`ll stick with Optimum Car Wax or DP Spray Surface Shield...

chevyguy28
07-22-2005, 09:02 AM
I tried indoors on the granite countertop with no problem, so I`ve yet to figure out the issue.

CMA? Any help?

- J

chevyguy28
08-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Tried it on windows and still get the streaking. I`m starting to think that it is very difficult to make a QD with such high acrylic content. Streaking is similar to when you don`t remove SG properly, but more faint.

Does Sonus Acrylic Spritz exhibit the same behavior?

- J

SVR
08-04-2005, 02:46 AM
You can`t get good results with Acrylic shield on windows. Quikshine and DP final gloss booster are best for them IMO

chevyguy28
08-04-2005, 09:22 AM
I tried it on windows in order to see if it was streaking. If it streaks on windows, then this means it is streaking on the paint, but it is harder to see, depending on the color.

JeffM
08-04-2005, 12:14 PM
All of my QD`s leave a film behind when my black paint is hot.

chevyguy28
08-04-2005, 01:17 PM
All of my QD`s leave a film behind when my black paint is hot.

This is the shade of my garage, at night!