PDA

View Full Version : how hot is too hot?

n2_space
06-16-2005, 05:58 PM
How hot is too hot to store your products? I don`t have issues in the winter in the garage since it never drops below 50 in there, but I bring stuff in in the summer because I am worried about the heat affecting them. I hate moving stuff around so I bring in the polishes, etc and it can be a huge pain with all that I have. It reaches lower-mid 90`s on hot days in there... which is why I bring them in, it worries me. So how hot is too hot? :nixweiss

White95Max
06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
If your paste waxes are liquid...it`s too hot!

n2_space
06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

If your paste waxes are liquid...it`s too hot!

:lol Not quite that hot... but wonder if any of my polishes/sealants, whatever would be affected. I know freezing is not good for most prooducts, but have no ide aif 95 or 100 degrees would be either. I would much rather leave 40 linear foot of shelving full of detailing supplies instead of moving them.

Boongie
06-16-2005, 06:42 PM
You could always contact the manufacturer of the product and ask them.

White95Max
06-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Some bottles/containers have warnings on them which advise against leaving the product in temperatures above/below a certain point.

Scottwax
06-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I keep everything in my trunk in the summer and I have no doubt that when the sun is shining into my open trunk that the temperatures exceed 120. I can`t think of a single product that has been ruined in more than 11 years.

MorBid
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
I leave my paste wax and other liquid polishes/sealant`s etc in the garage and it`s been like close a 90degrees lately with the doors closed and esp after I park the car in there after being outside all day.

Paste still looks and acts like paste and no adverse effects on the liquids.

Almost all products state to protect from freezing and most wll say not to expose to a direct flame.

I would think as long as the temps don`t reach that of an open flame (whatever that is) you should be okay.

Check the MSDS for each product if you want to know the flash points.

n2_space
06-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I keep everything in my trunk in the summer and I have no doubt that when the sun is shining into my open trunk that the temperatures exceed 120. I can`t think of a single product that has been ruined in more than 11 years.

Well it definately doesn`t get that hot in my garage. I think I may just start leaving them on the shelf then :)

Hemi57
06-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Down here in Australia we get 110 degree days on occasions and the garage is probably even hotter, especially after parking a couple of hot cars. I have never noticed any changes in the product I have on the shelf.

trueblueblood
06-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

11 years detailing,over 10,000 posts, Texas summers, I`ll take his word for it :p! He might know what he`s talkin` about