PDA

View Full Version : stupid idea to share with you guy`s...

Flatfour
06-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Just a stupid tought... :

If you have a rotary polisher, why can`t you put the pad a litlle out of center, then you have a dual action (rotary and orbital) movement for free....

Or am I wrong here...

PhilS
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
It wouldn`t be dual action at all - you would just have an off centre pad that`s still moving in a circular motion. Although I have never used a rotary I would imagine that an off centre pad is going to make it very difficult to control indeed.

J.J.
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I don`t think that`s a very good idea!

JJ

Accumulator
06-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, it`s still a circular motion, just one that`s off center and out of balance. Good recipe for holograms and "buffer swirls". Keep the pad centered and when you want "dual action" or "random orbital" motions, use a machine that does those things ;)

Flatfour
06-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Here in Belgium, car detailing is not very accepted.

I had a discussion with my bodyrepair shop friend and he always uses a rotary polisher, for better results...

I still don`t get de advantage of dual action ...

Stupid Belgians huh, ....

Scorpion
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
In order to offset the center you`d have to counter-balance the difference or your hands would be numb in a matter of minutes, not to mention your arms would be dead from fighting the tool.

Accumulator
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Wally

I had a discussion with my bodyrepair shop friend and he always uses a rotary polisher, for better results...

I still don`t get de advantage of dual action ...

The big advantage to a DA (for many detailing applications) is that it`s a lot safer/milder/easily mastered than a rotary.

If all goes well with a rotary (no sling everywhere, no paint burns, no holograms, no mistakes) then it can do anything a D/A can do and then some. Trouble is that things don`t always go well.

But a D/A can do many jobs just fine, it`s virtually idiot-proof, it doesn`t sling product around, and most people find it physically less tiring to operate.

I`d say use both. You can use the D/A to remove any rotary-induced holograms and for mild jobs like waxing and paint cleaning. FWIW, I hardly *ever* need to use my rotary.

the other pc
06-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Wally

Here in Belgium, car detailing is not very accepted... It’s not just your fellow Belgians. We hear much the same from our comrades in other parts of Europe too. :(

It’s a shame; you have so many cool cars over there. :nixweiss

At least your car will be one of the best in the entire country. :woot:

PC.

Spilchy
06-16-2005, 05:18 PM
But at least you have kick a$$ waffles :laugh:

Mark77
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by the other pc

It’s not just your fellow Belgians. We hear much the same from our comrades in other parts of Europe too. :(

It’s a shame; you have so many cool cars over there. :nixweiss

At least your car will be one of the best in the entire country. :woot:

PC.

I wouldn`t say it`s not accepted(not sure what that means):confused: But not too many are very enthusiastic about it, at least not here in Finland.

Thomas Dekany
06-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

But at least you have kick a$$ waffles :laugh:

You are funny!:D :D :D