PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and UPP Slickness

petraidm
06-16-2005, 07:37 AM
I originally started with Zaino three years ago but gave up the old z2 because of the "drying" time required here in the Louisiana humidity. Since that time I have tried numerous products bsed on reccomendations from this site and recently applied UPP for the first time this weekend. It tried UPP due to the slickness raves from this site. Now comes the question:

For those of you that use or have used both Zaino and UPP which one is slicker? The reason I ask is because my recollection is that zaino was slicker BUT that memory is three years old and Zaino was my first entry into weekend warrior detailing

imported_memnuts
06-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Initially IMO UPP is slicker after initial application. Not that Z is a not slick but it is hard pressure to compete with the undissipated oils that are in UPP.

After the first wash, rain or application of Z8, the Zaino is superior in slickness. A QD of the UPP will not re-establish the initial slinkness of this product. Re-application will.

Also Z2-PRO is slicker than the old Z2 and incredible when combined with Z8.

This is just my experience with these 2 products. Others many vary

goceltics34
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
I love both products and have used them regularly. Blkz28Conv is pretty accurate in that initially UPP can`t be touched in slickness. It has amazing "wow" factor. After a few washes that slickness diminishes. It really didn`t matter to me though because I would just lay another coat of that bad boy over the paint and back to `WOW". If you don`t mind adding a coat every couple of weeks, UPP is the king.:bow

Zaino has very good slickness, especially after Z8!!! The slickness remains, even after a few weeks and several washes. After each wash, add Z8 and it looks like it was just waxed again.

Both products are great. I have had Zaino on my car now for about 2 months and have been very happy. I am just ready to try a different look. I get bored pretty easily. I actually topped it with Pinnacle Signature Series the other day and it doesn`t look much different IMO.