ZaneO
06-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Product:

Evercoat Lubri-Shine

http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-19076222300531_1846_93041

Price & Price per Ounce

16 oz. bottle - $5.95 & $.37/oz.

Manufacturer Claims

Ideal as a final wipe down to achieve a brilliant show car appearance. This silicone-free formula quickly removes smudges, fingerprints, compound dust and other finishing residues. It is an excellent lubricant for Clay MagicĂ‚®. Contains no silicones or waxes. Body Shop Safe.

Packaging

It comes in a sturdy bottle with a decent sprayer. The label is nice, and the directions are easy to read and follow.

Color/Scent/Viscosity

It is a mint green type color with a slight cologne smell and a watery consistency.

Application

Like most other QDs, I used one or two sprays per panel and buffed dry with a microfiber towel.

Overall Thoughts

I am very pleased with this product. From my experience, it cleans and leaves a finish equal to or better than Final Inspection. It wipes clean and doesn`t seem to streak with one or two buffing passes. It is very easy to use and performs as stated and expected.

Cons/Complaints

I don`t have any complaints to report so far. I`ve used about 10-12 oz. and plan to order another bottle.

Purchasing

I purchased my bottle from Ranney at Pak Shak: http://pakshak.com/evercoat-lubri-shine.html

Thanks to Sean for allowing me to use his review format.

:)

stilez
06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks Zane for the review.

Can you compare to any other QD`s?

ZaneO
06-15-2005, 10:00 PM
As far as overall performance, I would say that it is similar to Final Inspection, except I sometimes get a little smearing with FI and haven`t had that problem with the Evercoat. It leaves a clean and *somewhat* slicker finish. It doesn`t really ehance the appearance, so it can`t be directly compared to something like Z6, Quik Shine, etc.

Scottwax
06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Basically it leaves the finish as the LSP last applied does then?

Sounds like a good choice if you don`t want to change the look of what is already on the car. :)

ZaneO
06-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Basically it leaves the finish as the LSP last applied does then?

Sounds like a good choice if you don`t want to change the look of what is already on the car. :)

That`s exactly right, Scott.

I like to use it as a final wipe down to ensure all water spots, polish/wax, finger prints, dust, etc. have been removed.

I also need to try it as a clay lubricant.

:)

spotpad
06-16-2005, 08:27 AM
How does it stack up against Mother`s Showtime?

imported_animes2k
06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Mmm... Showtime smells sooo good and works pretty well. Too bad they don`t sell it in gallons, or it`d be my QD of choice.

Thanks for the writeup!

ZaneO
06-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry, haven`t used Showtime.

wannafbody
06-16-2005, 01:51 PM
good review:cool: