PDA

View Full Version : First Black car--05 Acura TL

Pages : [1] 2

JamRWS6
06-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Well this is the first black car I`ve had the chance to wash, detail, anything.....and all I can say is :eek: this is going to be a PITA!

The car is a 05 Acura TL and to my surprise has absolutely no dealer installed swirls.....the paint is nearly flawless other than a bird crap stain on the hood.

I`ll be using the Zaino Z-PC, Z5, Z2-PRO, and maybe top with P21S this weekend.

Here`s a few pics of it.....only been washed so far.:cool: :up

JamRWS6
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM

BigAl3
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
acura.... very nice! :up

JamRWS6
06-15-2005, 08:11 PM

imported_themightytimmah
06-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Looks great, good thing it doesn`t have any dealer installed swirls. Black can be a real PITA, without a rotary it is murder to do right. I`ve seen cars that could take 20 hours via PC, but that one doesn`t look too bad. I`d highly suggest looking into getting a tin of Souveran. They can be had for about 50 bucks in the right spot, and for red and black, its money well spent.

Jeff_M
06-15-2005, 11:30 PM
You`re car looks awesome. Can`t wait to see post detail pics. I think your new baby deserves a Souveran topper! Does it have a 6-speed? DVD audio?

SpoiledMan
06-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Nice ride! I like them but my wife doesn`t otherwise I`d have one already.

Jeff_M ,they all come with DVD audio but I don`t think that one is a 6 speed. The 6 speeds have Brembo front calipers that are painted black. I think I see silver inside the front wheel.

imported_hadboosttroy
06-16-2005, 01:17 AM
words of advice here: get a clear bra installed asap. acura paint quality isn`t what it used to be (having dealt with acuras since 94). the tl chips very easily, and having the aspec kit just makes it worse (i guess you don`t have that worry though). to put it this way, I am much more impressed with the paint on our 01 integra compared to our 05 tl :(

JamRWS6
06-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks guys!

The car has the parchment interior (i`ll get some shots after I detail it) and it is the 5 speed Auto (not my choice.....the TA is a M6 :) ), sunfroof, and has the voice recognition and navigation. The DVD sound does sound really good.

Yes, you are right about the brakes. :)

Probably can`t see it b/c of the reflection in the pics but I just got rid of the dealer emblem on the lower left of the decklid....much cleaner look:)

I was looking into the clear-bra but was wondering how the seam would look going across the hood. I would definitely like the extra protection for it. :)

zainoshine
06-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Our 04 TL (Anthracite/Ebony/AT/Nav) already has quite a few chips...the paint seems a little thin but maybe it`s just me :nixweiss. There`s also very noticeable orange peel...oh well. The only complaint is that the seats (all around) aren`t exactly comfortable, but of course it`s simply personal preference.

Metajames
06-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Got to love that car. I have a new anth/ebony tl for a couple of weeks. Awesome car inside and out. Going to zaino mine up over vacation. Look forward to seeing your finished results.

Tuan209
06-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Its not that Acura`s paint quality isnt what it is used to be, its how the government has required ALL car manufactures to switch to a water base paint. ALL newer cars whether it be Acura, BMW, Mercedes, or Lexus will have these new water based paint. You can go onto any car forums and everyone is complaining.

Originally posted by hadboosttroy

words of advice here: get a clear bra installed asap. acura paint quality isn`t what it used to be (having dealt with acuras since 94). the tl chips very easily, and having the aspec kit just makes it worse (i guess you don`t have that worry though). to put it this way, I am much more impressed with the paint on our 01 integra compared to our 05 tl :(

imported_hadboosttroy
06-17-2005, 05:41 PM
i see, and i guess that makes sense.

JamRWS6
06-21-2005, 02:53 PM
My Z-PC didn`t get here until Monday and I also ordered the Clear-bra for the front so I just washed the car sunday and put a coat of P21S. It looks pretty good :xyxthumbs

JamRWS6
06-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Last ones:D