PDA

View Full Version : Calling South Carolina Residants.

Intercooled
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I`ve been to Myrtle Beach and Am going to be going to Hilton Head soon. My too favorite things are cars and golf. So me and the wifey are going to check out Hilton Head and maybe look into buying a condo as a second home.

I`m looking for someone who knows the area and could give us some insight.

Thanks, Mike

TW85 HHI
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I live on Hilton Head and my dad has quite a few contacts for real estate. What do you need to know?

Intercooled
06-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey, thanks for the response. We have a friend that ownes a lot of land in Bluffon. We were wondering what communities were nice and what we should stay away from.

We would like to live close to the action(golf,shopping,entertainment) but in a nice community.

Also which is a nicer area and more things to do for a family? Myrtle beach or Hilton Head?

TW85 HHI
06-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Depends on your budget. You can PM it to me and I can tell you what would be in your price range.

Bluffton is less expensive than the island. There are apartments turned into condos in the high 100s/low 200s as well as some houses, but honestly, the condos are nicer. The golf course side of Rose Hill is probably the least expensive gated neighborhood in Bluffton, followed by the equestrian side and Moss Creek. Rose Hill and Moss Creek start in the high 200s, with each having seven figure homes.

The actual island is quite a bit more expensive. There are some condos/apartments turned into condos in the high 100s/low 200s but typically, the ones on island will be older and require work. There are many condos $400,000 and into seven figures. The gated neighborhoods on island are expensive with the least expensive homes being $350,000 or so, most being over $500,000-1,000,000 and $1,000,000+. There are nice ungated neighborhoods in the $200-350,000 range but you typically (not always) have to drive through trailer filled/run down areas. The three ungated neighborhoods I like are Victoria Square, Yacht Cove, and Ashley Point. They`re mid-island and south island locations. Ashley Point is the most expensive due to having a few marsh and water front lots.

The south end of the island is the tourist trap and the north end is more desireable for residents (IMO). The "mall" is on island but there are two large factory outlets in Bluffton. Most development is now in Bluffton due to the island being pretty well built out. Two movie theaters on island and one is being built in Bluffton at Buckwalter. Most golf is on island but there are nice courses in Bluffton such as Old South.

www.hiltonheadmls.com gives basic access to all MLS listings in Bluffton/Hilton Head. It`ll give you price, a brief description, year built, and number of bedrooms/baths. Let me know when/if you need a realtor.

Hilton Head is far nicer than Myrtle Beach but I think Myrtle Beach has more for families to do.

The area is growing rapidly (the development is working its way to I-95 and toward Beaufort). While not cheap, now is the time to buy. My sisters purchased a condo in March for $144,000 (1,400 sq. ft.) just off-island and it is now selling for just under $170,000. My dad partnered with another guy and bought a golf course/lagoon/marsh/water view condo in the same complex as my sisters` for $188,000 and similar units are now selling for $40,000 more (two months time, I believe).