PDA

View Full Version : How come i am creating micro-swirls?

Project "2"
06-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I just got all the swirl marks out last week which i was pretty happy (close to flawless:)). After i washed my car today, i could see some micro-swirls on my paint. Amen, I shouldn`t go to that sandy area yesterday. Damn it......

I used two buckets method, gold class car wash and micro-fiber towel to dry.

I think it should be time to get myself a foamgun.

Thanks.

mgm2003
06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
You might not have polished these out. Did you inspect your surface under the sun after your polishing step? A light polish (something like Menzerna FPII, PB SSR1, Optimum) should clean these up for you.

Project "2"
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
I am sure i polished those out since i was using the working light for inspection. Maybe there is something wrong with my washing technique. Is foam gun worth the money?

MorBid
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Alot of us use a work light while polishing, I use a pair of 1000 watt halogen`s on a tripod.

Yet still when I pull the car out into the sun I can see things that I did not under the work lights.

To that end I usually pull the car out into the sun to check my work before applying LSP`s.

If you didn`t wash or dry the panels by moving in circles it`s unlikely that would be the cause of it.

I vote for they`re a result of the last detail session too.

Bill D
06-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Project "2"

Is foam gun worth the money?

I sure think it is. It allows a marring free wash which results in both clear coat and time preservation :bow

If you hunt a bit on Ebay, you might be able to find one at the cheapest price. I think they can be had for around $40 . Just keep your eyes peeled.