PDA

View Full Version : Which water filter company should I go with?

opass
06-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Spot Free or CR Spotless

http://www.spotfreeh2o.com/index.html

http://www.crspotless.com/index.php?tpl=

5000 gallon size: Spot Free is $.13 per gallon vs. CR Spotless is $.33 per gallon.

This water is for auto detailing business. Are these two about the same?

Regd,

Jacky

Setec Astronomy
06-15-2005, 11:03 AM
The Spot Free says "soft" water, while the CR is deionized, with a water quality light. My opinion is there is a rather large difference between the two.

opass
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

The Spot Free says "soft" water, while the CR is deionized, with a water quality light. My opinion is there is a rather large difference between the two.

Mike,

I really don`t know much about water. Let`s put in detailing business, working under the sun. Can they both perform spot free result?

DM101
06-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Soft water still has minerals in it,

D.I. water does not.

But you can`t drink DI water because in will absorb minerals out of your body. Drink regular tap or bottled water.

MorBid
06-15-2005, 12:33 PM
When you read the product outline for the Spotfree system you can see it`s advertised as two components (water filter and a softner).

So I can see his point in asking which will provide a better spotless wash "water filter + softner" or "DI-Ionized" water alone.

Each has it`s own unique qualtites and it`s not uncommon to see all three used together.

That is to say water filtration alone will not do what softing and DI-Ionization does.

Softning alone won`t do what the other two do and so on...

The bottom line to all of this is it`s really hard to say which will work better unless you know something about the water your going to be treating.

If your using really hard water with alot of impurities in it the DI-Ionizing process may not be as effective (or filters/tanks) may not last as long as someone else who isn`t.

SilverLexus
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
There may be good reason for it, but both of these products look very, very PRICEY to me.

I`m sure a more cost-effective technology will emerge before long. I`m waiting this out given the marginal benefits to me (I have good quality water).

Probably you can get 90% of the results by using the Mr. Clean filters. :up

Demon Detailer
06-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Since you are in So. Cal, you can call companies that specialize in commercial De-ionized water tanks. They are probably a lot less expensive per gallon.

YOu can call Ionics in Pico Rivera, CA or Puretec. Puretec is at 800 906 6060. Both companies have trucks that exchange out the tanks on a regular basis based on your usage.

The company I work for uses a very large D.I. tank from Puretec. It will make about 10,000 to 12,000 gallons of D.I. water before being exhausted.

I purchase the water from work to detail my cars. I never have to dry them even in direct sunlight.

Ron Harris
06-16-2005, 04:04 AM
Since you are in So. Cal, you can call companies that specialize in commercial De-ionized water tanks. They are probably a lot less expensive per gallon.

I don`t think it would be a smart move to buy one of these systems.

You have Cal. Water in Anaheim Hills and another water co. in orange. I can`t remember their name but there off Main and Orange Wood. You can purchase bulk water from a Store that caters to detailers he is in Santa Ana. If you need the name I can get it for you. The cost .10 cents a gal. It is RO water.

If you look under water in the Phone Book you should be able to find what you need.

opass
06-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Dent`s & Details

I don`t think it would be a smart move to buy one of these systems.

You have Cal. Water in Anaheim Hills and another water co. in orange. I can`t remember their name but there off Main and Orange Wood. You can purchase bulk water from a Store that caters to detailers he is in Santa Ana. If you need the name I can get it for you. The cost .10 cents a gal. It is RO water.

If you look under water in the Phone Book you should be able to find what you need.

What is RO water?

I will look up the phone book to check. Thanks.

MorBid
06-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Reverse Osmosis (http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/h2oqual/watsys/ae1047w.htm)