PDA

View Full Version : Zaino People....

cenwesi
06-15-2005, 07:43 AM
So yesterday I decided I will wash the vette. Strip down any wax... Here are the steps on what I did.

1) I used dawn to wash the car down. Wipe it down and put it back in garage to dry some more while I cut the grass.

2) Applied Menzerna Intensive Polish (IP) with PC using 4" pad, speed set to 5 and then followed it with Menzerna Final Polish (FP). And of course I used MF to wipe it off.

3) Used PC with 4” and speed set to 2-3 and applied Klasse All-In-One (AIO). Used MF to wipe it off

4) Mixed up my Zaino Z2 about 1/4 ounce and added 4 drops of ZFX. Applied it by hand and left it over night to cure. BTW, it is still curing. By 5pm (6/15/05) I will take it off and may be add another z2 or should I add z5? Keep in mind I won’t drive the car until Saturday so I have few days to keep adding what ever layer I need.

My questions are as follows:

1) When can I use the Z5 and do I add 4 drops like I did with the z2.

2) Can I add z2 + z5 in the same bottle and add 4 drops...?

3) When do I get to use the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?

(KLA-GLA) Can I apply it after I am done with the z2/z5 combination????

Any other suggestions are welcome….

99-Boxster-MK
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
From what I undersand Zaino (Z2/Z2pro) works best bonding to paint, so you shouldn`t use anything under it. There are many people who have used AIO, and are happy, but the durability of the Zaino may be reduced.

I have not heard of anybody using the Glaze with the Zaino. In my experience you should not mix product lines. If you are going to use Zaino, just use Zaino, if you are going to use Klasse, the just use that.

Both are great products and will give you great results.

If going Klasse I would go

1) AIO

2) Glaze

3) a wax like PS21 or Souveran

If going Zaino

1) Z1

2) Z2

3) Z6

4) Z5

5) Z6

6) Z2

7) Z6

8) Z8

Mike

cenwesi
06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
hmmmm i don`t have Z6 but i do have the z8. Can i just use any QD or dilute it with water inplace of z6?. I am leaning toward your approach.

99-Boxster-MK
06-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Z6 has some special stuff which bonds to Z2 to enhance shine, non Zaino QD will not work, and since most are wax based you don`t want to use them as wax is incompatible with Zaino.

I would get some Z6 but for now you can use Z8 instead of Z6 inbetween your coats. Hope that helps :)

I just finished putting 4 coats of z2pro on my baby and topped with z8 and it looks spectacular. I can`t stop running my hands over the paint :) ehhe I have a problem.

Mike

cenwesi
06-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I guess it is time to order z6.

atticdog
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by cenwesi

4) Mixed up my Zaino Z2 about 1/4 ounce and added 4 drops of ZFX. Applied it by hand and left it over night to cure. BTW, it is still curing. By 5pm (6/15/05) [/B]

i think 4 drops of zfx to 1/4 ounce is a bit much

4-5 drops is good for 2 ounces

and no need to leave z2 on your car over night it cures in like 20 minutes because of the zfx then you can do another layer

I would use z5 before z2 because it will fill some slight swirls

and use the same amount of zfx in z5 as z2

dogma
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Excellent points on not mixing products and not using too much

ZFX.

This is what I do:

Wash with Z7

If need be I use #80 ( then Z6 wipe down ) No more #80 once

my new Z polish arrives.

Z5 1-2 coats ( Very underated product for minor defects )

Z2 pro

Z8 to perfection.

Z5 and Z2Pro with ZFX only needs 20-30 min. to dry

imported_memnuts
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
1/4 oz Z polish = 1-2 drops ZFX

1/2 oz Z polish = 2-3 drops ZFX

1 oz Z polish = 4-5 drops ZFX

2 oz Z polish 8-10 drops ZFX

Originally posted by dogma

Z5 1-2 coats ( Very underated product for minor defects )

Sooo true.:xyxthumbs

fatchance
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I just did my car last weekend here are the steps I did.

wash / Dawn

clay

wash / Z7

IP w/ LC orange pad

FPII w/ LC white pad

Z6

Z5 w/ ZFX x2

Z6

Z2pro w/ ZFX x3

Z8

I applied Z6 between each Z5 and Z2pro.

The process took two days to complete the car looked amazing with depth, clearity and shine.

imported_memnuts
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by fatchance

I just did my car last weekend here are the steps I did.

wash / Dawn

clay

wash / Z7

IP w/ LC orange pad

FPII w/ LC white pad

Z6

Z5 w/ ZFX x2

Z6

Z2pro w/ ZFX x3

Z8

I applied Z6 between each Z5 and Z2pro.

The process took two days to complete the car looked amazing with depth, clearity and shine.

:xyxthumbs

I have been using a similiar regimen over the the last 2 years but for the last 6 months I have been using Zaino polish/cleanser in place of the FP and mainly polishing pads for both IP and Z-CP.

Gotta love the system. :wavey

cenwesi
06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
i knew it. I was adding way too much ZFX. Also i email sal today and he said i could use z8 in place of z6. Infact he said that is what he uses. Also said i could mix z2+z5 and add the ZFX. So tonight i did just that. Tommorrow i will do z5, 2 layers and then another after than i will top it with 2 layer of z2. Friday morning i will examine my work.

imported_animes2k
06-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I personally only use ZFX on the base coat if I can wait for the next layers to cure... ZFX is a little pricey to use on every layer. Unless, of course, I don`t have the time to wait :)

cenwesi
06-16-2005, 06:14 AM
I am begining to like Zaino. Looks like alot of my mild swirl/scratches have disapeared or well hidden :). I hope by Saturday to see how good reall Zaino is. I will apply 2 more coats of z5/zfx and tommorrow i will apply 2 more layers of z2/zfx. Then on saturday i will examine my work :) If it is all that good, i will quickly put all other detailing stuff in a box and ship them to my basement or give them away. From the layers i have been applying i am very impressed how the paint shines and how things are disapearing.

imported_garyo
06-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by cenwesi

I guess it is time to order z6.

You indicated you already have Z8. There is no reason to orderZ6 because Z8 can be used in stead of Z6 in all applications. The only down side is cost because Z8 cost more than Z6.

cenwesi
06-16-2005, 08:44 AM
True that, i will only use the z8 this time. Once i get the z6 i will use that in between z2/z5`s and use the z8 to finish up once done with all the layers i want.