PDA

View Full Version : Sonus DAS/SFX Pads ... A few questions

Richt
06-15-2005, 05:39 AM
Ordered my PC from Autopia a few weeks ago when the SFX Kit offer was on, at the same time ordered some DAS pads too. So far I have used a few off each.

I am trying to find out, (search helped a little) how they compare aggressive in aggressiveness.

Which is more aggressive between

Orange DAS pad and Yellow SFX pad?

Green DAS pad and White SFX pad?

Blue DAS and Blue SFX or are they the same?

This helped a little

http://dano.pocketrubbish.com/detailing/productchart.htm

Going by this most aggressive First.

Orange DAS = White SFX

Green DAS = Blue SFX

Blue DAS

Is this correct any idea where the Yellow SFX fits in the above list? More Aggressive than the Orange DAS?

I have been playing around on a few cars and on my own black car Megs #80 on a Green DAS pad did well on the minor marks and marring I have, but left a few. Was planning to step up pads and go the the White SFX.

Failing that is #80 ok to use with The Orange DAS or Yellow SFX pads?

Cheers

Rich

jonw440
06-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Richt

Ordered my PC from Autopia a few weeks ago when the SFX Kit offer was on, at the same time ordered some DAS pads too. So far I have used a few off each.

I am trying to find out, (search helped a little) how they compare aggressive in aggressiveness.

Which is more aggressive between

Orange DAS pad and Yellow SFX pad?

Green DAS pad and White SFX pad?

Blue DAS and Blue SFX or are they the same?

This helped a little

http://dano.pocketrubbish.com/detailing/productchart.htm

Going by this most aggressive First.

Orange DAS = White SFX

Green DAS = Blue SFX

Blue DAS

Is this correct any idea where the Yellow SFX fits in the above list? More Aggressive than the Orange DAS?

I have been playing around on a few cars and on my own black car Megs #80 on a Green DAS pad did well on the minor marks and marring I have, but left a few. Was planning to step up pads and go the the White SFX.

Failing that is #80 ok to use with The Orange DAS or Yellow SFX pads?

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

Yes the Orange DAS pad is the most aggressive pad

The Yellow SFX pad is also the most aggressive

Then the Green DAS pad and White SFX pad

Then the final finishing pads (I apply Klasse AIO or Autoglym SRP with the blue pads)

The difference between the DAS and SFX pads are the SFX pads can be used with more down pressure.

I also use the SFX pads with my PC 7426 (Rotary)

I use the DAS pads if the paint is in pretty good condition, were as the SFX pads if the paint need lots of work, ie, Oxidation, scratches, bad swirls or spider webbing, etc.

Richt
06-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Cheers Jon, that mirrors what I seem to be doing, my friends and familys cars which all needed attention I have used the SFX pads on, where as the DAS have been reserved for my own car.

So the DAS Orange and Yellow SFX seen as equal in terms off cut?

NickcZ28
06-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Can anyone tell me who makes these pads? I ordered them from properautocare a few months ago.

Thanks.

http://www.properautocare.com/ad712inhipad.html

jonw440
06-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Rich,

Yes the Orange and yellow is always used first for the first "cutting action" of the paint.

(I think that is what you are asking)

Richt
06-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Is one more aggresive than the other?

jonw440
06-15-2005, 08:20 AM
I would say in my opinion......

The SFX pad maight have more "bite" as I would use this pad for the most agressive polishing needs.

The DAS pad is a little less agressive in other words.

Richt
06-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice one cheers Jon

J.J.
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
The yellow SFX pad is slightly more aggressive than the Propel/Sonus Orange pad.

JJ

chevyguy28
07-15-2005, 10:42 AM
So the SFX blue pads are a bit more aggressive than a LC black pad?

- J

Richt
07-16-2005, 02:59 AM
I think both the Sonus DAS and SFX seem to be regarded as light polish pads rather than true finishing pads such as Megs Beige, LC Black or Propel Grey.

Lowejackson
07-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I only get a very small amount of paint with SFX finishing pad and polish with my very soft single stage paint so I assume it has only a very mild cut to it

Richt
07-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Steven have you tried any other finishing pads? More or less paint transfer?

I am tempted to get a LC Black, Propel Grey or Megs Beige as from threads on here they seem to be more true finishing pads with no cut.

Lowejackson
07-16-2005, 09:54 AM
The Sonus is the only one I have tried and I am very happy with it. When I mentioned the paint transfer with the finishing pad I guess I should have put this into context. With my paint I get transfer with Autoglym, Poorboys etc when applying by hand. I would happily use this pad to apply wax but so far I have not tried it.