PDA

View Full Version : Help - Wolfgang sealant and P21S?

ShinyTom
06-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi there,

I`ve read that acrylic/resin sealants such as AIO work fine under carnauba wax, but that polymer sealants get broken down by the petroleum content in most waxes.

I was planning to put Wolfgang`s Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (which I think is polymer) on my car and top with P21S carnauba wax, but am worried that the wax will remove the sealant. Has anyone tried this?

Would putting Autoglym`s Ultra Gloss Protection between the sealant and the carnauba help?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

White95Max
06-15-2005, 02:08 AM
You`ll be fine. Paste Glaz and Nattys both worked great for me over WG sealant.

Richt
06-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Used a few different Carnuba`s over Wolfgang so far and all look great. (P21S, CMW, Souveran, Nattys)

oldblu
06-15-2005, 03:56 AM
You will be just fine.

ShinyTom
06-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Thanks guys, really reassuring to hear from you all.

Am thinking of putting either P21S GEPC or Autoglym Super Resin Polish on before applying the sealant. Is one better than another for new paint work (3 months old) dark blue metallic?

Thanks again,

Tom

DetailQueen
06-15-2005, 05:19 AM
since you have metallic I would use that signature series (made for metallics) over WG

Richt
06-15-2005, 05:26 AM
AG SRP, WG X 2 and P21S is a great combo.

You wont go wrong topping with P21s, CMW or Natty, Signature or Souveran on Dark blue though.

gkerr4
06-15-2005, 05:57 AM
Agree with richt above - AG SRP, WG and then carnauba is a great combination!!

As for your GEPC v SRP question - I have both and find that I use SRP almost every time against GEPC. I think the cleaning action of SRP is better, it has a very mild `cut` where gepc has none and actually leave some protection (just in case you can`t get round to following up the SRP - i.e. weather changes or something)

I also think that EGP is a great product, but the slickness of Wolfgang is wel worth putting it on for and to be honest after 2 or 3 coats, Wolfgang takes on a very `carnuaba like` appearance (in my eyes anyway!) and may be suitable for you. I find that when you apply carnuaba over the top, the WG loses a little slickness.

My current favourit is VM followed by 3 x WG and not topped with a carnauba - the slickness is unreal! and it looks like a carnauba anyway!

White95Max
06-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by gkerr4

My current favourit is VM followed by 3 x WG and not topped with a carnauba - the slickness is unreal! and it looks like a carnauba anyway!

Very true. The slickness is right up there with UPP, and it looks great by itself.

ShinyTom
06-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks everyone - how much of a gap do you leave between one coat of WG and the next? do you have to wait 12 hours for it to cure?

Tom

Richt
06-15-2005, 09:08 AM
12-24 hours between coats here.