PDA

View Full Version : is this supposed to happend with 2.5?

PaulTso
06-14-2005, 08:14 PM
First off, I love this product. Its very versatile. I could use it with both a cutting pad and a polishing pad depending on what needed to be done. It also worked great under the sun and a little bit goes a long way.

my dilemma: i was detailing a black car that was under the sun. I used an orange sonus cutting pad. worked on 1.5 x1.5 feet areas at a time. Made about 1 pass on speed 5 then 2-3 passes on speed 6. took out about 75-80 percent of swirsl. Im very satisfied so far because i jsut need to follow up with some 80 or 2.5 on polishing pad. ANways, I ended up with alot of dustin. Is this normal?

Tasty
06-14-2005, 08:45 PM
I get a lot of dust when I use it too.

trueblueblood
06-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Tasty

I get a lot of dust when I use it too.

Ditto, I usually adjust the amount of polish to let it go longer, but as soon as it starts to dust I stop. But yeah I used it today and got some dusting but I like that it usuallly leaves a surface that you can straight to LSP and is much easier to work with than DACP.

AMDin93103
06-14-2005, 09:37 PM
The dust has been bothering me lately so after the polishing stage I have been doing a quick air purge and wash/rinse w/my PW to rid all the nooks of the mess. 2.5 sure gets the job done though.

Mad iX
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Try using a bit less.

Once the pad is primed, I find I have to use very little. There`s still dust but it`s a lot less and it still gets the job done.

AMDin93103
06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mad iX

Try using a bit less.

Once the pad is primed, I find I have to use very little. There`s still dust but it`s a lot less and it still gets the job done. :nixweiss :xyxthumbs Will work on that. Thanks.

Thomas Dekany
06-15-2005, 08:06 PM
According to Steve from PB, dusting accurs from too much polish.

Prometheus
06-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah, prime the pad, and it literally takes almost no polish. about a pencil width abou 3 inches long will do a 2x2 area. I get minimal dusting this way (mind you, after the pad is primed). Dusts right in the beginning, but nothing after that.

J.J.
06-16-2005, 10:34 AM
IF you are getting excessive dusting, you are using too much product and working the polish it a little too long. At the first sign of dust or even slightly before dusting begins, you should stop and wipe. I have found if I allow the product to dust fully, it is harded to remove; not extremely difficult but a little more. I think there are many who apply the polish and work- it in various ways. This is what works for me.

JJ

rollman
06-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mad iX

Try using a bit less.

Once the pad is primed, I find I have to use very little. There`s still dust but it`s a lot less and it still gets the job done.

Yeah this works for me . Try using less product , I think you`ll be happy with the results.