PDA

View Full Version : PC and Menzerna IP Tips

imported_martin
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I`ve seen other posts about removing swirls with a PC, but I was wondering if anybody has any specific advice for using Menzerna IP with a PC. I just got a PC, some LC pads, and Menzerna IP and FP II.

My truck`s finish isn`t too bad to begin with, but there are some swirls, and I`m looking for that eye popping mirror-like finish. Here`s a `Before` pic, just after claying.

http://home.dejazzd.com/tihansky/images/Truck/Ram_clayed.jpg

I applied a couple of 8" lines of IP on half a door panel, and then spread them around with an orange pad. I used the PC at 4, and applied the product left and right, and then up and down in a figure-8 pattern. In some spots the product dusted pretty quickly, and in other spots there was still a thick layer of product. I wiped that off, but I didn`t seem much improvement.

After that, I decided to experiment with some different techniques. A friend of mine suggested that I needed to use the PC at 6 to work with Menzerna. I tried that today, but just as it looked like I was making progress, I experienced pad failure. The pad started deforming, so I stopped to inspect the pad. Everything looked fine, so I started again. Within seconds, the pad seemed to disintegrate. I mean it was completely gone. Later I found it across the street. :chuckle:

http://home.dejazzd.com/tihansky/images/Truck/pad_failure.jpg

This is a reminder for everyone to always wear eye protection.

Any suggestions?

X-Trail
06-14-2005, 08:06 PM
WOW, you better ask for a new pad. Thats a defective one.

I never had problems with IP using yellow LC pad at speed around 5 - 6. Finish it off with FP white LC pad and your finish will be good.

Moodist
06-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Whoa...your are lucky that didn`t hit you. Where did you buy the pad from? I would contact them and ask them to send you a replacement, because there is no reason for a pad to tear up like that on its initial use.

imported_martin
06-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I`ll give Menzerna another shot at speed 6 once I replace the cutting pad. I`ll contact the retailer to see if they`ll replace it. Thanks for the tips.