PDA

View Full Version : MJ found not guilty

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pats300zx
06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I think I have completely lost faith in the US legal system. :(

TW85 HHI
06-13-2005, 05:34 PM
There is a benefit to being a rich celebrity.

imported_perry
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

There is a benefit to being a rich celebrity.

Indeed. When Leno testified, he showed footage of himself going through the metal detectors and in to the courtroom. A deputy opened and held the door for him as he walked through. Then, without a camera cut, the next guy through was on crutches and the deputy just stood there allowing the man on crutches to struggle with the door. Leno said, "And that right there is why there will never be a celebrity convicted in California."

SpoiledMan
06-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I`m not saying he`s innocent or guilty but you can`t take witnesses such as the mother and the brother and get a conviction. This wasn`t about money per say but more about credibility.

Black240SX
06-13-2005, 06:31 PM
He got off because he`s white!!!

SpoiledMan
06-13-2005, 06:37 PM
:rofl Now I have to clean my monitor......

Spilchy
06-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Although that nutbag Wacko-Jacko is doing the moonwalk in delight throughout the halls of his freak show Neverland Ranch, you have to come to a guilty verdict based on the evidence in the case.

Do I "think" he`s a pedophile? Yes. But, did the evidence in this case PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty on all the counts? No.

Just because he looks like a freak, acts like a freak and MAY actually abused boys (based on our personal opinions given our skeptical nature), does not equal a guilty verdict. If that were the case, then we should lock up all sorts of people we think are looney tunes.

The family had zero credibility. They (the boy and his mother) were ripped to shreds on the the stand. They had a history of scams to rip off companies (JC Penny) by suing them and settling out of court. You basically had a boy saying he was molested and the Jackson camp saying he didn`t do it. That`s what it boiled down to and the boy and his mother`s testimony was filled with more holes than swiss cheese. It was riddled with inconsistancies.

Jacson dodged a major bullet. Hopefully now no more kids will be "sharing his bed." Parents should have their heads examined if they let there kid go there.

I agree with all of you as an arm chair spectator that he`s nut job, but holding the power of conviction and imprisonment, you have to have serious proof beyond a doubt that he molested that child. It wasn`t there (unfortunately).

He`ll get it handed to him in a civil suit.

Very lucky he was. Very lucky.

SpoiledMan
06-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Good job Seth until you got to the part about the civil suit. Pretty slim chance that a jury will award the family any money based on the evidence and the same witnesses once again.

Kanchou
06-13-2005, 07:05 PM
no one is found `innocent.` "not Guilty" means the state failed to make its case.

Horseman2475
06-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Spilchy, I agree with what you said. But, enough witnesses saw him giving alcohol to kids, including a stewardess on a plane. On those counts, he should have been found guilty. When Robert Blake, was found Not Guilty, I knew what the verdict would be with MJ. No celebrities will be convicted in LaLa Land.

SpoiledMan
06-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Blake`s case was another one where the prosecution used EVERY character witness that they could come up with to say that Blake tried to higher them to take her out and they were either a drug addict or just crazy. When the witnesses are dirty like that your chances of conviction pretty much go out the window. It`s plain to see that Blake is guilty as sin. With Mike, we see him as weird cause he shares his bed with kids and does some things the WE wouldn`t do but that really only makes him different from us (the majority). Have you ever spent the night with a woman in your bed and not touched her? The same could apply in Mike`s case.

I say again, you just can`t get a conviction when you have the main witnesses that are dirty as sin and the supporting witnesses all have some kind of beef (fired, sued and lost, fraud etc.).

Horseman2475
06-13-2005, 07:52 PM
A woman in my bed and I haven`t touched her? Only if she was ugly.

imported_themightytimmah
06-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Does he touch kids? yep

Did he touch that little money-grubbing piece of.... no

The way I see it, if Jackson`s celebrity status worked one way or another, it worked against him. He`s a creep, and everyone but the pro-jacko protesters know it.

SpoiledMan
06-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by themightytimmah

Does he touch kids? yep

Unless you have seen this firsthand, that`s lacking proof.

Horseman2475
06-13-2005, 08:12 PM
The bottom line is, would you let your kid sleep at Neverland?