PDA

View Full Version : Any more feedback on OCW durability/longevity

Pages : [1] 2

trueblueblood
06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I had picked up Optimum car wax a couple months ago and love it. Great topper or if you can`t finish a detail or whatever spray some OCW and you know it will be good til` you get back to it. Anyway have any feedback now after awhile of using it....?

Thanks

Kenney
06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I put two coats on my step fathers cayenne and it is still beading very well. Slickness has lessened, but there is some much air plane/industrial fallout in my area, all sealants I have used ( including zaino) will lose slickness after a month or so..

But overall I am very impressed

wannafbody
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
anyone else?

stilez
06-14-2005, 08:23 PM
1.5 months on a heavily elemented red hood. IE: 24 hours outside under many heavy/sappy trees. The slickness and beading has gone down but its still there a little bit.

By my ratings, its a very good sealant. It beat Meg`s NXT Tech Paste in my comparo next to it and beat it pretty bad. I`ll do a test once I can shoot a couple pics.

trueblueblood
06-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

1.5 months on a heavily elemented red hood. IE: 24 hours outside under many heavy/sappy trees. The slickness and beading has gone down but its still there a little bit.

Wow thats pretty impressive, 5 months might be a stretched claim, but maybe a garaged vehicle could for sure double that time and posssibly get 2.5-3 months and multiple layers could go 5 only time will tell :D!

Thanks for the feedback anyone else

Scottwax
06-14-2005, 08:42 PM
It went a full three months on a gold SC430 that is parked outside during the day, garaged at night. I used it over RMG. Looked very nice and was still beading with some surface slickness left when I rewaxed it a couple weeks ago.

wannafbody
06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
is it a WOWO product or does it need to haze?

EBPcivicsi
06-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by wannafbody

is it a WOWO product or does it need to haze?

WOWO, do NOT let it dry. I have no doubt that it can two months plus in Memphis.....in the summer.

atticdog
07-07-2005, 06:42 PM
would this work well for a wheel sealant?

something spray on would be quicker for some wheels

Scottwax
07-07-2005, 08:14 PM
would this work well for a wheel sealant?

something spray on would be quicker for some wheels

I`m sure it would work fine.

stilez
07-08-2005, 07:35 AM
It`s so easy to use, I use it on everything.

2+ months now and still beading. The tightness of the beads are diminishing, but there is still protection. IMO, we have a winner here :).

AlexRuiz
07-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Take note for myself: Next purchase (if my wife has not killed me) should include some optimum car wax and polish. Hopefully the compound will be available by then :D

CleanMachine
07-09-2005, 09:36 PM
This OCW is in the spray bottle right????? SOunds like it would be perfect as an everywash wax during the harsh winter months.

imported_series1
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Take note for myself: Next purchase (if my wife has not killed me) should include some optimum car wax and polish. Hopefully the compound will be available by then :D Thats funny. It reminds me of this one episode of Family Guy where Peter is playing darts with this one short guy and the short guy says "Alright one more game before the misses notices I`m not snoozin on the couch" and then his wife comes and and beats him with one of those dough rollers. Sorry for the random comment.

Ron Harris
07-10-2005, 06:22 AM
The compound should be out some time in Aug.

It`s another great product. It is low to no dusting. Will easily remove 1200 and up sanding marks. I have used it a lot on fresh repaints. With a yellow cutting pad I get very light swirling that is removed with the polish and a VC Lake Country pad.

Like the polish it has a long working time and you can make it as aggressive as you want with your pad selection.

I don`t use a pc so couldn’t give you any findings with this application