PDA

View Full Version : Z8 as a Stand Alone Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Burlyq
06-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I am starting to like my Z8. When it first came out, I didn`t see much need for it. After I finish up with a Z2Pro treatment I didn`t see the benefit of putting on z8 except for the added slickness and the smell (yum). However, I have been using z8 after each time I wash my car and that`s where the use of this product really comes in for me. It`s so easy to use and the car looks just like you spent hours detailing it.

I detailed a friends truck yesterday, and I stripped the tailgate with Dawn. I put Z2Pro on the whole truck except the tailgate, which only got Z8. The tailgate is very slick after putting the Z8 on it. I wanted to see how long this products lasts by itself, anybody else try this? I also tried it on the windows, and it seams to slicken them up nicely too.

Also, I have really strarted to get the hang of spreading the Z8, so for those of you who want a tip: I take the Z8 bottle and keep it like 3 feet from the surface, then I spray very quickly and a fine mist comes out nicely and evenly on the panel. It works a lot better for me than spraying short bursts to try and save product, but ending up using more because short bursts usually end up in a stream effect but a quick full burst ends up in a mist. Anyhow, don`t know if others posted this or not but it may be of use to some of you.:xyxthumbs

SpeedWax
06-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Ive gotten longer durability from Z8 used alone than a few of the "sealants" I have used.

SilverBelle04
06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I`ve been Z8 after every wash too...looks great ! I`m also using the same technique to get Z8 out of the bottle and onto my paint. I spray quickly while moving my arm sideway and just let the fine droplets/mist fly onto the paint.....

Originally posted by Burlyq

I am starting to like my Z8. When it first came out, I didn`t see much need for it. After I finish up with a Z2Pro treatment I didn`t see the benefit of putting on z8 except for the added slickness and the smell (yum). However, I have been using z8 after each time I wash my car and that`s where the use of this product really comes in for me. It`s so easy to use and the car looks just like you spent hours detailing it.

I detailed a friends truck yesterday, and I stripped the tailgate with Dawn. I put Z2Pro on the whole truck except the tailgate, which only got Z8. The tailgate is very slick after putting the Z8 on it. I wanted to see how long this products lasts by itself, anybody else try this? I also tried it on the windows, and it seams to slicken them up nicely too.

Also, I have really strarted to get the hang of spreading the Z8, so for those of you who want a tip: I take the Z8 bottle and keep it like 3 feet from the surface, then I spray very quickly and a fine mist comes out nicely and evenly on the panel. It works a lot better for me than spraying short bursts to try and save product, but ending up using more because short bursts usually end up in a stream effect but a quick full burst ends up in a mist. Anyhow, don`t know if others posted this or not but it may be of use to some of you.:xyxthumbs

buzzb
06-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Can anyone quantify the durability of Z8 alone? Are we talking weeks or months here? I realize it hasn`t been out that long but I`m very interested in trying it.

Intercooled
06-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I`m really looking forward to trying it also. I`ve just been waiting patiently for the Zaino Cleaner polish to release and then I`ll order a bunch of goodies. Z8 by itself sounds very interesting and perhaps ground breaking :xyxthumbs

Aequitas
06-13-2005, 03:51 PM
i used z8 on my moms liberty on its own and it looked good, I had done a full detail a few weeks before and topped with nxt. I put the z8 on and it looked awesome.

dogma
06-14-2005, 12:41 PM
I noticed that about Z8 too. I usually wash then apply a coat or two of Z2 or Now Z2 pro. But the past few times I only used the Z8 and the results were outstanding. IMO nothing can touch the combo of Z2 pro and Z8, especially on black. I too can not wait for the Z cleaner.

wannafbody
06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I`d suggest a 2 part durability study. half a hood with Z8 and half a hood with Z8 with a drop of ZFX (1/4 ounce) and see if there is a difference.

Glossmaster
06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Z8 is a spray sealant, super QD on steroids, Topper type product. ZFX is a flash cure additive used to accelerate the curing times of Z2,Z2 Pro, Z3 & Z5. There`s no need to use ZFX with Z8. It would serve no purpose. I`ve had simply amazing results using Z8 as a topper for Z5/Z2 Pro. I`m currently in "Carnauba Mode" & waiting for the new Zaino Cleaner/Polish to come out before I go back to using Zaino on my truck. ( my truck has a layer of Souveran, Butter Wet Wax & DP Max Wax on her at the moment.)

kompressornsc
06-14-2005, 07:46 PM
I put Z8 on a totally clean surface, just playing around (was going to polish the next day and then it rained...and rained...and rained.) It was about two weeks with nothing but the Z8, and no washes. When I did finally wash with Z7, I still had some decent beading. Not as good as I have now with Z2 Pro + Z8, but the Z8 was obviously still there. I suppose if you were going to wash and then Z8 once a week you would be fine, but in my experience the (plain) Z8 starts to diminish after about a week.

imported_RIC
06-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Why would you ZFX with Z8?

Hey Wannafbody...try it and let us know how it goes. Oh sorry, that`s right you don`t use Zaino....right?

wannafbody
06-14-2005, 08:05 PM
it was simply a suggestion based on reading that Z8 contains Z2Pro and Z5-so ZFX actually MIGHT add to the durability-If you choose to make a smart alleck comment that`s a refection on your character or lack thereof-sometimes I wonder if its any use to even try to talk to Zaino users:nixweiss

Scottwax
06-14-2005, 08:49 PM
There should be no suprise that a spray wax or sealant can be used as a stand alone. Look out how thin Glanz Wax and Klasse SG are for example. OCW is stout enough to use as a stand alone product too. Detailer`s Pride has one I am testing as well, and ZaneO gave me some Z8 to try. I have several spray sealant/waxes now that I can try head to head...the hard part is leaving stuff alone long enough!

Should be fun! :)

Mochamanz1
06-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

...the hard part is leaving stuff alone long enough!

:)

:bow Got that right !:xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
06-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Z8 is not a stand alone sealant. It was developed to compliment the Zaino polishes and add protection via a QD type protocol. Z8 was "not" developed to bond to a nude painted surface but to Z polishes. Any variation of usage has not been tested. Testing this application of Z8, as a stand alone sealant, is not a fair comparison with any other product or products because this is an unrecommended or suggested usage of Z8.