PDA

View Full Version : If you detail in the heat, this may interest you (apparel related)

Pages : [1] 2 3

EBPcivicsi
06-13-2005, 09:47 AM
In Memphis the heat and humidity in the summer can be absolutely HORRIBLE. :( I use to detail in cargo shorts and a cotton T-shirt. My fiance recommended that I try the NIKE "dri-fit" shirts and picked me up a few. Woah!! THEY WORK!! Evidently you can get them in all different styles including polo style golf shirts. The ones that I have look like this (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1785753) ....they are GREAT!!

Just thought I would share.

imported_kgb
06-13-2005, 09:53 AM
I have a bunch of Everdry shirts by Everlast that works the same as well.

One thing that would be REALLY nice is the shirts they sell through the racing stores. They have tubes all through them that connect to a coolant can and those are supposed to work wonders as well.

jetskie
06-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by kgb

I have a bunch of Everdry shirts by Everlast that works the same as well.

One thing that would be REALLY nice is the shirts they sell through the racing stores. They have tubes all through them that connect to a coolant can and those are supposed to work wonders as well.

Yeah, but I find carry arround the PC enough of a hassel. I wouldn`t want to also carry around a cooler also. :) :cool:

General Lee
06-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Those and UnderArmor shirts. Basically the same price too.

pin
06-13-2005, 10:48 AM
I`ve got a shirt I bought years ago by the company FreshJive. It uses SlickWick, which sounds similar to dri-FIT. Surprisingly, when I`m actually sweating this shirt is just as uncomfortable as a cotton shirt.

imported_Denzil
06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by General Lee

Those and UnderArmor shirts. Basically the same price too.

Yeah, I was about to say the UnderArmor is supposed to work really well considering it`s designed for athletes.

TW85 HHI
06-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I have one of the Dri-Fit polo style shirts. It is one of my favorites simply because it is significantly cooler than my cotton shirts. I tried buying more but couldn`t find any in my size. :(

imported_kgb
06-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jetskie

Yeah, but I find carry arround the PC enough of a hassel. I wouldn`t want to also carry around a cooler also. :) :cool:

LOL There is no coller to carry around. It has a small can you wear on your belt or waist that has coolant in it.

chml17l
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Microfiber type clothing performs much better than cotton in a hot or cold environment. Dupont`s Coolmax and the Nike Dri-FIT fabric all perform similar functions in that the fabric is built to wick the moisture away from your skin and allow it to evaporate. Cotton tends to hold the moisture against your skin and gives you that wet, clammy feeling as soon as it gets saturated with perspiration.

If you want to go full bore, there is even mf underwear, too.

imported_themightytimmah
06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I like tight underarmor under one of the loose ones. I`d love to wear just the tight one, but I`d have to get in slightly better shape first :).

imported_guapsnaman
06-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I wear those shirts and shorts for tennis.

But when it gets this hot, i like to go topless...;)

EBPcivicsi
06-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by guapsnaman

I wear those shirts and shorts for tennis.

But when it gets this hot, i like to go topless...;)

Yeah I would prefer that too, but it is hard to come across as professional with your shirt off. ;) :D

imported_guapsnaman
06-13-2005, 01:28 PM
LOL, I never said I was a pro but you`re in a totally different situation and I understand that.

But if you`re detailing for a hot girl or maybe a MILF, you can ask for their permission to remove your shirt. I`m sure they wouldn`t decline.

EBPcivicsi
06-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by guapsnaman

LOL, I never said I was a pro but you`re in a totally different situation and I understand that.

But if you`re detailing for a hot girl or maybe a MILF, you can ask for their permission to remove your shirt. I`m sure they wouldn`t decline.

I am no pro, but I *try* to impersonate one on the weekends. :D

kompressornsc
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
One of my clients was a medical company that did performance testing (similar to the Cooper Clinic). When the wicking shirts first came out about 2 years ago, I gave them some samples to try (T-shirts& polos). Their exercise physiologist tried 3 treadmill tests: one with a cotton T, one with a wicking T, and one without a shirt. Although it`s not exactly scientific because it was only one series of tests with one person, his performance was best with the wicking shirt.

They decided not to do them for their clients because it would throw off the results compared to when / if they did it with a regular shirt. Yes, they work...