PDA

View Full Version : Product List for Redoing and Maintaining Car for 1 Year

imported_DougSmiley
06-12-2005, 07:19 PM
From the autopia store (yeah, big buisness if i place this order, ha ha)

Wash N Dry Trio

Two-Way Mini Detail Brush

4 Handi-Grip Applicators

2 Bottles Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash

Meguiars #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

2 Bottles Meguiars NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

Meguiars Duo-Fiber Glass Towel

303 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

303 High Tech Fabric Guard

Plexus Plastic Polish, 13 oz.

Meguiars PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish (Lights are hazed)

Clay Magic Perfect Finish Kit

Porter Cable 7424 Polisher

Sonus SFX-1 Spot Pad

Sonus SFX-2 Spot Pad

Sonus SFX-3 Spot Pad

3.5" Dual-Action Spot Pad Backing Plate

From another Auto Store (autogeek). Would of bought this from autopia if they had it, since you guys seem to be generally cheaper than autogeek.

2 Bottles Meguiar’s NXT Generation Speed Detailer

2 Cobra Woven Microfiber Cockpit Towels

Meguiar`s #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner

Mothersâ„¢ California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner

Mothers FX Synwax

Mothersâ„¢ Back-To-Black Bumper & Trim Care

Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

Meguiar’s #80 Professional Speed Glaze

3M Perfect-It ll Rubbing Compound Fine Cut

Misc. Stores:

Nick Filler Paint

2000 & 3000 Sandpaper (Any brands reccamended?)

QEW - How much for a winters worth of washes and a summers worth of quicky washes? No way I can do anything but this in the winter (cept the scratch-o-matic).

Box to hold all this stuff :P.

Totaling 500 some odd dollars. Plus misc stuff. Bank account drainer. Tell me anything I missed, need more of, or anything I can consoldate to save $$$. If I feel I`m good at this after this year I might start detailing some cars for $$$. Sounds like good work if i can find it. Must of the hillbilly`s out here drive badly oxidized pos`s. Heck, some of them don`t even have much paint left..

Accumulator
06-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Doug Smiley- Welcome to Autopia!

IMO you`ll need more pads (polishing and finishing).

I use a lot more shampoo than that, and probably more glass cleaner too.

Unless you`re gonna seal the wheels with something like the Klasse twins, you might also need some wheel cleaner.

I always recommend a set of Griot`s smaller BHBs (pn 15520, IIRC)and I also like their BHBs made for wheels.

I dunno if you need both the Meg`s #38 and #40. And if you`re getting the #80 I wouldn`t bother with the prewax cleaner. The #83 and the PI-II RC are pretty similar too, but I`d get the PI-III RC (05933) or the new PI-3000 RC instead of either one.

Lowejackson
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I would work backwards from your list. What condition is the paint, trim etc. If the trim is in great condition you may not need the B2B.

I would buy a lot more MF towels.

Why spot pads instead of the normal 6" ones

Accumulator
06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

Why spot pads instead of the normal 6" ones

I figure he might have hard paint. The smaller pads do correction a *lot* better/faster at least in my experience. Trying to correct hard paint with a PC and 6-6.5" pads is a pain.

imported_Denzil
06-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I figure he might have hard paint. The smaller pads do correction a *lot* better/faster at least in my experience. Trying to correct hard paint with a PC and 6-6.5" pads is a pain.

Yeah, it`s somewhat discouraging when you`re spending several hours on one panel...:mad:

imported_themightytimmah
06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
If you`re going to buy a years worth at a time, I`d suggest a bulk supplier like Chemical Guys. Their products are of pro quality, and significantly cheaper than Megs, PB`s, etc. Pretty much the only boutiquey products that I use anymore are Souveran and Menzerna polishes, I feel that they`re worth the extra money.

the other pc
06-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DougSmiley

...2000 & 3000 Sandpaper (Any brands reccamended?)... Meguiar`s. Far and away the best.

PC