PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best or a good hand held vacum

Pages : [1] 2

lbls1
06-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I am looking for a portable vac to use for my car`s interior. I`d prefer either a rechargable or a cord for the cigarette lighter. A lot of places sell cordless and portable vacs, but I want to know the good ones to get. Thanks.

Jeremy_ESQ
06-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Invest in a 4-gallon ShopVac and a long extension cord. IMO, car vacuums are really not powerful enough to do a good job and most of them are dry-only models anyways. A ShopVac is cheap, versatile, and powerful.

Helpful hint -- prior to buying my ShopVac I used the Euro-Pro Super Shark and all of the accessories fit my new ShopVac. Saved a bundle right there!

jetskie
06-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Nothing cleans as well as a ShopVac, but if your looking for a cordless for thoes touch up cleaning the B&D Dustbuster is pretty strong and works for me.

lbls1
06-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks. I may look this one up, along with the oreck vac that Griot`s Garage features.

jjwalker
06-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I dont mean to hijack your thread, but I also got a similar question. I saw a dirtdevil hand vac for deep cleaning, specifically called the "dirt devil portable spot scrubber shampooer" and I was wondering if yall thought this might be a good choice for shampooing interiors.

C. Charles Hahn
06-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jjwalker

I dont mean to hijack your thread, but I also got a similar question. I saw a dirtdevil hand vac for deep cleaning, specifically called the "dirt devil portable spot scrubber shampooer" and I was wondering if yall thought this might be a good choice for shampooing interiors.

Those little spot scrubbers seem a bit bulky for getting into some of the tight spaces in a vehicle... I still would go with a LGCM for automotive use. :xyxthumbs

jjwalker
06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Well, the business just started and $$$$ is a huge issue, plus I just got laid off from my full time.

Pats300zx
06-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I use the Shark recharable for car shows. Small, attachments and enough power to get me through the event. :up

SilverLexus
06-14-2005, 02:01 PM
The MetroVac is a smallish canister that I pretty much as a handheld item. Just set it on the car seat and you are good to go.

wannafbody
06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
The Shark vaccuums are pretty powerful. tha Black and Decker Scorpion is another one and its availvale at WalMart.

lbls1
06-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Good suggestions! The more the merrier!

Scottwax
06-14-2005, 08:55 PM
I`ve heard the Ryobi is real good, probably going to pick one up. I bought the Vector 12 volt cannister vac at Pep Boys and it has decent power but it eats the 15 amp fuse for my cigarette lighter like candy, plus the hose is a very stiff plastic so it doesn`t bend easily and the angle on the crevice nozzle is way too slanted.

ntoddalbert
06-15-2005, 05:22 AM
I was in a store called National Wholesale Distributors a few weeks back, its kind of like Odd Lots or one of those close out stores.

I bought my Mom a tiny little Portable Vac (not Battery Powered) for $12 Bucks, it was the Scorpion model, I forget who makes it. It really impressed me how much suction that little thing has. It wont hold more than a deck of cards size amount of dirt though.

They had 4 portable brands to choose from and none was over $20. I would recomend giving a store like that a try.

I still think my idea of a car with a built in Vac would rock, I know im crazy

lbls1
06-15-2005, 07:51 PM
They have quite a few liquidators in my area. I just might try one of them. Thanks.

Woob
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Had the Ryobi 12V and it was way too weak. Those things are only good for very light and general cleaning. Nothing a detailer would want.