PDA

View Full Version : Sealant for this color paint

Boongie
06-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi all:

I`ve done a lot of reading on the forum and am trying to make my final decision on what to put on my 2005 Camry with medium gray paint. I`ve narrowed it down to a few different products, namely Zaino or a Poorboy`s product. I want a product that has decent durability and looks good on my car`s color. Zaino has the reputation for great durability but it seems that the Poorboy`s products get the nod for ease of application and appearance. If I go with Poorboy`s, then I need to decide which of three products:

1. Polish with carnauba

2. EX

3. EX-P

I have not read much on Autopia about #1. Most of the Poorboy`s posts are about #2 and #3. I spoke to the gentleman at Poorboy`s (who, by the way, was very nice to talk with) and he recommended #1.

So, I am left with four products to consider...Zaino or one of the three Poorboy`s products. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

imported_Burlyq
06-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Z2Pro, very easy to use and looks as good as anything..

LOTA OT
06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I know it`s not on your list, but Klasse SG looks great on silver. Lasts for months and topped with a carnuba, it looks even better.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow, if using PB`s, I`d shoot for 2.0 and EX-P in a heartbeat.....2.0 provided your swirls or scratches are normal wash and wear scratches....

usdm
06-12-2005, 03:27 PM
You`ll definitely want to have either PWC or Klasse

AIO in your inverntory. They both clean and

leave behind paint protection. They work great by

themselves, and provide an excellent base for

waxes and sealants.

Choosing EX or EX-P depends on what you want

the paint to look like. If you like a deep looking

finish, EX is the one. If you like a much clearer,

wetter, and more reflective appearance, then go

with EX-P

Boongie
06-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by usdm

You`ll definitely want to have either PWC or Klasse

AIO in your inverntory. They both clean and

leave behind paint protection. They work great by

themselves, and provide an excellent base for

waxes and sealants.

Choosing EX or EX-P depends on what you want

the paint to look like. If you like a deep looking

finish, EX is the one. If you like a much clearer,

wetter, and more reflective appearance, then go

with EX-P

USDM: I did not know that I could top a carnauba-containing product like PWC with a polymer sealant like EX-P? I was under the impression that polymer sealants could only adhere to paint.

wannafbody
06-12-2005, 07:47 PM
of the pictures of silver cars that I`ve seen the Zaino or UPP ones looked the best

usdm
06-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Boongie

USDM: I did not know that I could top a carnauba-containing product like PWC with a polymer sealant like EX-P? I was under the impression that polymer sealants could only adhere to paint.

PWC works very well with sealants like EX, EX-P. I have

not tried it with any other sealants, however. I can tell

you what was mentioned by Steve of Poorboys: PWC is

primarily a paint cleaning/ polish product, with a small

amount of carnuaba wax for protection. For most folks

PWC simply provides a base for the PB sealants/ waxes,

or waxes from other companies. But it can work well

by itself (that is, if you like to regularly clean/ polish your

car`s paint).

If you would like optimum sealant adhesion, try Klasse

AIO intstead.

Scottwax
06-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Wow, if using PB`s, I`d shoot for 2.0 and EX-P in a heartbeat.....2.0 provided your swirls or scratches are normal wash and wear scratches....

Agreed. I`d probably throw in the Polish w/carnauba or maybe Klasse AIO in between 2.0 and EX-P though for a little more pop.

imported_animes2k
06-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Hmm... this is good stuff right here.

My neighbor`s brother just got a brand-spanking new 545i in what I believe is "Silver Gray Metallic" and I had a chance to look at it today. It was mostly in the shade, but I think he got away with ZERO dealer-installed swirls, so I`m going to protect it for him and this combo sounds great.

I was thinking AIO/SG w/nuba topper, but I think I might AIO/EX-P it instead, by hand and get him on a proper wash regimen.

The wheels are beautiful and I was quite impressed with the brakes, as well. If I end up getting a go at it, you better bet I`ll be posting pix :)

Mochamanz1
06-13-2005, 04:49 AM
I wish you had posted a pic of the car so wew could see the color being discussed, but I would be safe to say, guessing at your color;

(1) EX-P

(2) EX

(3) The polish with Carnauba (what Polish Brand?)

This is based on your choices... I have another product I much prefer, but given what you have to choose from, this is my preference.

Boongie
06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by mochamanz

I wish you had posted a pic of the car so wew could see the color being discussed, but I would be safe to say, guessing at your color;

(1) EX-P

(2) EX

(3) The polish with Carnauba (what Polish Brand?)

This is based on your choices... I have another product I much prefer, but given what you have to choose from, this is my preference.

The polish with carnauba is made by Poorboy`s also. What other product do you prefer?

jetskie
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Of your choices I would say PWC is fine for cleaning up and short term protection. I would follow up with EX because the carnuba mix in that product would give a bit of deepth that the other cannot on your grey metalic paint. Remember you might want to get a swril remover such as 2.0.