PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a product similar to 3M Finese It 2 Polish

JesseBMW-M3
06-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I currently use 3M finese It 2 polish as my primary polish, but I am looking to try something different, maybe something with a little more abrasiveness. What products out there are similar to 3M FI2?

Thanks for the help an information!

Jesse Chamberlain

stevet
06-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by JesseBMW-M3

I currently use 3M finese It 2 polish as my primary polish, but I am looking to try something different, maybe something with a little more abrasiveness. What products out there are similar to 3M FI2?

Thanks for the help an information!

Jesse Chamberlain

I use FI II and like it. Similar products would be Menzerna IP and Megs DACP although I find FI II to be more aggressive than both. If you are looking for something more abrasive than you will need to move up to 3M Perfect It II and III Rubbing Compounds.

Accumulator
06-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I quit using FI-II once I tried the PI-III RC/MG combo. The pns are 05933 and 05937, or you could try the new PI-3000 replacements. IMO you`ll do better with the two-step approach and you can use the milder PI-III MG for a lot of the work.

MorBid
06-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I use Hi-Temp Heavy Cut leveler and love it. Only leaves a haze with a wool pad but with medium and light cut pads it polishes out gr8t.

Don`t need to follow with anything else.

R U looking for something to use with a PC or Rotary?

JesseBMW-M3
06-12-2005, 12:54 PM
This polish is for use with a PC. I plan on moving to a Cyclo or Rotary in a few years, when I get the courage. :)

I will have to try the PI-3 RC and MG.

Thanks!

Jesse C.