PDA

View Full Version : Which sonus pads to use with Menzerna IP/FP?

loco
06-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I`m asking this in preparation for my fall detail. I may need to buy more pads for this job. Currently, I have one set of Sonus DAS pads for the PC.

My paint is in decent shape, some light swirls but overall it`s not bad. I plan to use Menzerna IP and FP prior to Zaino this fall.

Which Sonus pads do you folks recommend for use with IP and FP on paint in fairly good shape? And how many pads of each kind should I have on hand to do the job without having to clean them in the middle of the job?

Thanks very much for the help!

J.J.
06-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Orange and Green respectively. Two or three of each would be best, but many get by with just one of each.

JJ

loco
06-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Wonderful. That`s exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you J.J.!

gav'spurplez
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
let me know how the sonus pads work with IP and FP,

i have used the yellow and white cma pads for IP and FP,

just bought sonus pads for ssr2.5 and vm

:D

loco
06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
I will, but it won`t be before Sept or Oct...

imported_themightytimmah
06-14-2005, 07:32 PM
I use Powergloss with an orange pad and PO85RD via green. They are pretty similar to IP/FPII, so you should do ok.

cenwesi
06-15-2005, 07:25 AM
If i were u i will SERIOUSLY get the 4" pads. There are much easier to use. Now i have a bounch of 6"`s that i seriously doubt i iwll ever use again. But then again i have two cars :)

loco
06-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the advice folks. It`s always good to hear from multiple people. I ordered another of the green and orange pads just to make sure I have enough to get the whole job done.

I don`t have any 4" pads, might have to get some of those too one day...