PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area meet?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

cwcad
12-08-2005, 09:34 AM
has a site been decided on for the get together????

LDPaul
12-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Saturday my be too busy for me, but I will talk it over with my wife. I have a karate tournament and a cheerleading tournament on Saturday. I may be able to come for a couple of hours.

Rick

Scottwax
12-09-2005, 07:46 AM
I have a very busy day on Saturday, since I have make up for how the weather was this week. The soonest I can probably meet anywhere is around 7 PM.

If we are going to do something in Arlington, the most family/group oriented place is Buck `n Loons on south Cooper, a few blocks north of I-20 on the east side of the road. I also may have some coupons that are valid there. Burgers and comfort food.

Of course, there is always Hooters on north Collins, just south of I-30 but cwcad is bringing his wife, she might not want to eat there. :nixweiss

Any other suggestions, I am certainly open to them, however, I won`t be back to my computer until this evening. Going to be dry today, so I am working, despite it being 20 degrees right now; my first customer has a garage I can work in. :)

cwcad
12-09-2005, 07:51 AM
I have a very busy day on Saturday, since I have make up for how the weather was this week. The soonest I can probably meet anywhere is around 7 PM.

If we are going to do something in Arlington, the most family/group oriented place is Buck `n Loons on south Cooper, a few blocks north of I-20 on the east side of the road. I also may have some coupons that are valid there. Burgers and comfort food.

Of course, there is always Hooters on north Collins, just south of I-30 but cwcad is bringing his wife, she might not want to eat there. :nixweiss

Any other suggestions, I am certainly open to them, however, I won`t be back to my computer until this evening. Going to be dry today, so I am working, despite it being 20 degrees right now; my first customer has a garage I can work in. :)

Ok time is settled.

Now all we need is resturant and address. Hooter`s is most likely a bad choice for me. Yes I am bringing my wife. Are the others that will attend not bringing their wives?

This is important for my wife would not like to attend if the wives are not coming. If this is a guys nite out let me know.

imported_mrecktid
12-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Buck N Loons would be fine, I`m not sure if i`m bringing my GF either.

7PM @ Buck N Loons off S. Cooper near I-20.

Let`s try and have it formalized by tonight, I know it`s soon, but I just don`t want any of us showing up and like everyone else is busy or can`t make it haha.

cwcad
12-09-2005, 10:15 AM
alright , we have time and place. Now if saomeone could please get an address so I can find the place.

Street address in what City? I need this for the directions on my computer.

My wife is backing out and so is the little detailer but I will be there! 7:00b P.M., Saturday.

cwcad
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
It is Friday nite. Who is coming to the get together?

Still need an address to get there. Am unfamiliar with area so an address would be great for me to get the directions.

Scottwax
12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
7 PM it is. My cell phone number is 817 235-5376 if anyone needs to get hold of me, or to call me so I have your numberr.

Buck n` Loons is at 3517 S. Cooper in Arlington. I do have a coupon for buy one burger, get one for a dollar. Only one person can use it though. Anyway, it is very family friendly, great burgers, even has a small arcade.

Glossmaster
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Would you believe I just spent the entire week up in Dallas on business & drove home tonight!I just got home. (9:15 pm friday night ) The company I work for pays for the Hotel, food & rent a car, so i wasn`t able to stay any longer. I was in the josey ln area all week. hope you guy`s are having fun!!

cwcad
12-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Will be there at six thirty. Look forward to meeting anyone who comes. :woot: :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
12-10-2005, 07:53 AM
I`m fixin` to head out the door to work this morning. Should be done by 5-5:30 so I can be there between 6:30 and 7 PM. I`ll be driving my absolutely filthy black 626. Unless I get a cancellation today, there is no way I`ll have time to clean off all that grime from the sand they put down on ice earlier this week.

imported_mrecktid
12-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh no might have to head to my dad`s house to help him setup his computer and stuff...I`m hoping I can finish it soon enough so I can head out there! Ack!!!

Scottwax
12-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh well, only cwcad and I showed up. No matter, we had a couple hours of good conversation, a good meal and we each made a new friend. :)

BTW, his black Chevy truck looks pretty much flawless! My car, on the other hand, was still covered with all that nasty sand they put down on Wednesday. :(

cheetoh
12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I think the fact that it took 6 months to get this together probably has something to do with the small turnout.

Scottwax
12-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I think the fact that it took 6 months to get this together probably has something to do with the small turnout.

:nixweiss It might just be something about the Dallas area. On another board, same thing trying to get a Dallas meet going but members in Austin and Houston get together regularly.