PDA

View Full Version : Klasse...New vs Old Formula?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jmsc
06-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Running almost on empty on my older Klasse Twins. Will need to reload soon.

Those who have used both the new and old, has anyone seen any appreciable differences as far as usability, gloss, durability, price?

Casebrius
06-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I think the consensus is they haven`t changed, there was a good fight awhile back about this.

termigator
06-11-2005, 06:38 PM
There is no difference in usability, gloss, durability, price between the old and new version. ie, there is no new version.:p

JasonD
06-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Actually, the price has gone up.....or is going up, one of the two, and it is (will be) different.

I don`t know the exact specifics of the change, but I know one does exist.

stevet
06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

Actually, the price has gone up.....or is going up, one of the two, and it is (will be) different.

I don`t know the exact specifics of the change, but I know one does exist.

Where did you get this info? I have been suspicious of Klasse`s claim that it`s 30 year old formula is VOC compliant and has not or will not change. I don`t believe a formula that is 30 years old meets VOC regs.

JasonD
06-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by stevet

Where did you get this info? I have been suspicious of Klasse`s claim that it`s 30 year old formula is VOC compliant and has not or will not change. I don`t believe a formula that is 30 years old meets VOC regs.

I`m not at liberty to say, but let`s just say that you need to trust me on this one. It comes from a very good source. ;)

Like I said, I have no idea what the changes actually are, so it may or may not have anything to so with VOC regs. Time will tell.

imported_guapsnaman
06-11-2005, 09:51 PM
OoOooOOhhHhh....interesting.

Hopefully is a new and improved version that says "F*** VOC regulations!!"

stevet
06-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by guapsnaman

OoOooOOhhHhh....interesting.

Hopefully is a new and improved version that says "F*** VOC regulations!!"

Of course they will say something like that. They aren`t going to say that they changed the formula to meet VOC regs and now the product isn`t as good as it was.

chml17l
06-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

I`m not at liberty to say, but let`s just say that you need to trust me on this one. It comes from a very good source. ;)

Like I said, I have no idea what the changes actually are, so it may or may not have anything to so with VOC regs. Time will tell.

"...not at liberty to say..."

Since when did a change in any wax become so top secret that people in the know can`t talk about it?

The stink about "new" Klasse from not long ago was refuted by Jason at Autogeek and others who actually are Klasse distributors. DavidB also doubted back in April that there had been any formulation change. I would consider DavidB to be "in the know" if any changes were in the pipeline.

The dreaded VOC regs get a lot of play because of California`s overly liberal stance on emissions, but these restrictions are not required by all states.

To say you really can`t talk about it is ridiculous because you just did. In doing so, you are only fanning the flames to re-start the rumor mill from April.

stevet
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by chml17l

"...

The stink about "new" Klasse from not long ago was refuted by DavidB, Jason at Autogeek, and others who actually are Klasse distributors.

Being a distributor of a product doesn`t mean you know anything about the manufacturing end of things. They only know what they are told. This guy that is president of Klasse USA is not involved in the manufacturing end either. Besides he is about as hard to get a hold of as the CIA. Whats his phone # so you can call him? Who makes Klasse? If it`s made in Europe why can`t it be bought there? How can a 30 year old formula be VOC compliant? There are more questions than answers for this product it`s all some big mystery.When you look at the bottle and read about the product it looks like something you would buy from some late night info- mercial. Although I really like the bottle of AIO I have I don`t trust this company very much.

Casebrius
06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
They have the best cleaner and arguably most durable sealant on the market. Because they don`t want to be bothered you don`t trust them? I don`t care if the Keebler Elf makes it as long as they have the best product and don`t double their price.

Big Leegr
06-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Has anyone tried mailing these questions to the Klasse USA HQ? On my bottle (recently bought, might be new, might be old version, don`t know) it has an address:

Klasse USA

601 Van Ness Avenue, Suite E3-842

San Francisco, CA

94102 USA

It also says it`s mfg and bottled in Germany for Klasse. (Doesn`t say "BY" Klasse... "FOR" Klasse). This may add credibility to the possibility that it is made by the company that makes Carlack, but they make it to "Klasse`s" specs. :nixweiss

stevet
06-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Casebrius

They have the best cleaner and arguably most durable sealant on the market. Because they don`t want to be bothered you don`t trust them? I don`t care if the Keebler Elf makes it as long as they have the best product and don`t double their price.

Give me an example of one other top level detailing product company that is as hard to get info out of as Klasse is.

I am not disputing that the products are good. AIO is one of my favorites. I just have a hard time believing the little info they are "bothered" to give out. I don`t believe for a minute that the Klasse we know and like is VOC compliant. It will have to change if it hasn`t already.

Bobby G
06-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by chml17l

"...

The stink about "new" Klasse from not long ago was refuted by DavidB, Jason at Autogeek, and others who actually are Klasse distributors.

Don`t bring my name into it... I never said ANYTHING!

stevet
06-12-2005, 08:09 AM
David what did you edit in my post? It says you edited it but it dosen`t look like you changed it.