PDA

View Full Version : Which should I use? - Meg`s #16 or Pinnacle Signature Series Wax

BK1
06-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Put two coats of AIO and SG on the car and now want to seal it so I`m trying to decide between the Meg`s #16 (Blue can) or the Pinnacle Signature series wax.

The car is going to be sitting outside of work with temps ranging from the high 80`s to low 90`s and there is always the chance of afternoon rain-storms.

Which do you think will be better for shine and stand up the longest under those conditions?

Thanks!

Richt
06-11-2005, 02:08 PM
#16 is seen as fairly durable wax, I guess it would outlast the Sig, but I am more off an apperance guy and would go for the one that looks best! ... or use a sealant base. What colours your car?

515colfelt
06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi there BK1,

I`ve used Signature on my own dark silver car and I`m very impressed with it. Even on a dark metallic red it looked good, but most would say its forte is light metallic cars.

#16 has a very good reputation, so if the prep is good either one will look fantastic.

BK1
06-11-2005, 03:07 PM
sorry, it`s bright metallic silver. I wound up putting the 16 on it since it`s going to be really hot this week and the can says it holds up to the heat pretty well.

I guess we`ll see at the end of this week.

Mochamanz1
06-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by BK1

sorry, it`s bright metallic silver. I wound up putting the 16 on it since it`s going to be really hot this week and the can says it holds up to the heat pretty well.

I guess we`ll see at the end of this week.

The sig is the right one for a light color IMO, althought the # 16 is also great looking. Considering the heat you are concerned about, I guess you made the logical choice.:xyxthumbs