PDA

View Full Version : AIO for a relatively clean boat?

ntwrkguy1
06-11-2005, 09:07 AM
I`m getting ready to do some work for a client on a 28` boat. The boat is a white 1999 Sea Ray that has been used in freshwater only. It was in covered storage in the offseason, so the gel coat is in really good shape. There is the SLIGHTEST hint of oxidation, barely enough to see, on the top surfaces of the boat.

Is there any reason why I can`t go right to the AIO, and then follow that with SG?

mods -- I didn`t know which forum to put this in, so feel free to move it if you`d like

-DavidM

imported_Terry
06-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I love boats that are as you described.....AIO should clean the surface fine.....I`ve never used SG on a boat but would be interested in how well it lasts.....I use a lot of Collinite to top off the boats I do....It lasts a long time and my clients appreciate it.

rollman
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
If you do use SG make sure you let it cure 24 hours before the boat goes in the water .

ntwrkguy1
06-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Not that this applies here, but what `automotive` products could you use to get heavier oxidation off of a boat?

imported_Burlyq
06-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I would polish, then AIO if you can see oxidation.

wannafbody
06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Finish Kare has some cleaners, polishes and sealants designed for boats. Collinite also has a marine line. SG might be a workout on a large boat.

www.FK1usa.com

www.thebestwax.com