PDA

View Full Version : Drying With Waffleweave

rockyram
06-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I just got my new 24"x36" waffleweave towel from Eshine but I can`t seem to make it work as good as it should.Or as good as I have read they should work.When I try and dry the vehicle the WW towel seems to leave streaks of water on the surface.I had better results using my CWB and a terry cloth towel.Am I doing something wrong?Is there a certain way to use this product?

imported_themightytimmah
06-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Toss it flat on the hood, let it soak in. Wring it, then sometimes you can get the car 100% dry, sometimes its better to gt it 85%, then follow up with QD an a regular MF.

wannafbody
06-11-2005, 07:38 AM
I use a small WW for the glass surfaces and a large one for paint. the best tip I`ve gotten here is to squirt the panel with QD before using the WW. leaves a shine and reduces any small waterspots

jeff5614
06-11-2005, 07:56 AM
FWIW, blotting works better for me with a WW than wiping and I can`t help but think there`s less chance for marring if you blot vs wipe. I just lay the towel flat on the surface and gently press my hands along the length of it and leave the towel for a few seconds to soak up the water. I find it also seems to work better after the towel has gotten a bit damp than when it`s dry.

Accumulator
06-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Try washing it in something like MicroRestore. My WWs are from a different source, but they get *all* the water, so I suspect yours are somehow not doing their job properly.

imported_Kraig
06-11-2005, 09:29 AM
I use two towels, one for the wet work and I follow up with the other to get all the small spots.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Kraig

I use two towels, one for the wet work and I follow up with the other to get all the small spots.

Likewise, also wash prior to using. It should get better with age.....

Ben Kenobi
06-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Ditto, the follow up gets what`s left over.

Paul

PakShak
06-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Rule of thumb:

Compact to Small = 1 large WW towel

Mid Size to Large = 1 to 2 large WW towels

SUV/Trucks = 2 to 3 large WW towels

Also, if you spray rinse your vehicle after a wash that will cause many droplets of water to form which could require 2 large WW towels. Tip of the day. :) Let the water run off of your hose so it creates a sheeting action that will pull most of the water off of your vehicle. This will help in the drying process.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

imported_garyo
06-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Try washing it in something like MicroRestore. My WWs are from a different source, but they get *all* the water, so I suspect yours are somehow not doing their job properly.

I agree with Accumulator. I have WW from 8 different sources and everyone gets "all" the water except one (I have never been able to get my Sonus Der Wunder towels to work well...they leave "trails" and flat out suck). In fact most of the towels will do the whole car (granted not big cars) without being wrung out. I never have to use any QD or anything to get all the water.

Don`t get discouraged on the WW yet. Your experience is not the norm. The towel may just need a little breaking in.

gav'spurplez
06-13-2005, 05:14 PM
when i realized that washing and drying was going to be casuing more swirls, i bought a MF WW, and i liked it. then i went out and bought a leaf blower, small electric one. once my car is detailed and i have some wax on it, i use the leaf blower and then hit it with some QD

i have found this to work well :xyxthumbs

Boongie
06-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PakShak

Rule of thumb:

Compact to Small = 1 large WW towel

Mid Size to Large = 1 to 2 large WW towels

SUV/Trucks = 2 to 3 large WW towels

Also, if you spray rinse your vehicle after a wash that will cause many droplets of water to form which could require 2 large WW towels. Tip of the day. :) Let the water run off of your hose so it creates a sheeting action that will pull most of the water off of your vehicle. This will help in the drying process.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

Pakshak is right on target about using a hose with no attachment to sheet the excess water off a just washed vehicle. I had never actually tried this technique until this weekend. I have been washing my Camry with a sprayer attachment and kept using two large WW towels to dry and was still left with some wet areas. This weekend I took the sprayer off and let the hose do the work. AMAZING! I only needed one WW to blot the leftover water off. The towel only really get wet near the end when I was blotting off the water that always pools on the bumpers just below the hood deck and trunk lid. I am a believer!

a.k.a. Patrick
06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Another tip, open the hood and rear deck, and let the water exit with gravity while drying sides and roof, this will give you extra drying capacity with your waffle weaves!

Mark77
06-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Like Ranney said, the sheeting action really helps, at least on the roof, trunk and hood. I usually use a big WW for most of the water then an Ultraplush small MF with some QD for what i missed with the big one. And finaly some cheap towel for the wheels and doorjambs.