PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna IP vs heat and humidity...

66#1
06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Today I used two things for the first time: My PC 7336 and Menzerna IP. The vehicle I used both on is my beater `90 Sunbird. My little `bird needed a polishing and it wouldn`t be a big deal if I screwed up.

Anway, it was a hot and humid day today. I used the IP with a Sonus organge pad. I kept the pad moist and used a pretty good amount of polish. However, after one or two passes with the PC on the hood, the IP was already dry! It dried almost instantly and of course it was a bear to get off.

Is this common, or what did I do wrong? I just assumed it was because of the heat and humidity even though I was under my carport.

I then did AIO using a green Sonus pad, and right now I`m going for a couple of coats of ZainoZFX/5.

The IP cleaned the paint up really good, but the hood and the roof of the car must be really bad because I still some defects. The rest of the car looks good though.

spotpad
06-10-2005, 04:58 PM
I`ve had that happen to me with FPII. It turns into "gluezerna" when it`s hot and humid - and I was detailing at night with a rotary @ only 600rpm!

Mitchubishievo
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem; I tried out my PC yesterday with Propel cutting pad and SSR2.5 on a Black Evo8....it looked like it did nothing!!! I hate being a newbie :lol. I tried different combos and different speeds but i guess I just need more passes with less abrasive polishes. I wish I had ordered the Menzerna polishes now :( .

66#1
06-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by merci

I`ve had that happen to me with FPII. It turns into "gluezerna" when it`s hot and humid - and I was detailing at night with a rotary @ only 600rpm!

Well shoot. I couldn`t wait until November or December. That`s about when the heat and humidity finally die out.