PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using diluted Z8?

Jeff_M
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I know that Sal recommends diluting the Z6 with water, but should the same be done with Z8? If so, with what ratio? I love Z8, but it sure is expensive.

wannafbody
06-10-2005, 02:05 PM
seeing that its a spray sealant I wouldn`t add water

Jeff_M
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM
I feel like an idiot, but what exactly is a spray sealant? And how is this different than Z6? I just know that the finish feels smoother with Z8 than Z6

imported_RIC
06-10-2005, 02:34 PM
"I know that Sal recommends diluting the Z6 with water"

It is not a blanket recommendation. It is only recommended if you are having problems with streaks if the product dries too fast and adding water can make it more user friendly.

If you want to conserve your Z8 I would suggest getting a 2 ounce bottle with a fine mist spray head and put the Z8 in that and use it. I find I can use as little as 1/4 ounce to do a full size vehicle.

I use Z8 by spraying a squirt or 2 on each panel. followed by spreading it around with a microfiber applicator, and then follow up with a plush microfiber towel. As you go along you can use less Z8 because the applicator remains slightly moist after spreading the Z8 each time.

Jeff_M
06-10-2005, 02:54 PM
I have some of those yellow foam disc applicators that work great for Z2pro. I wonder if i could use one of these to help conserve product?

imported_memnuts
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
RIC`s suggestion of using a 2 oz very fine sprayer will greatly reduce the amount of Z8 usage. I actually use a one folded MF (plush). 2 mists to a 4x4 area, wipe with one side of MF and buff clean with the other side. I do the whole vehicle using the same side pairs (spread side and buff side) of MF for the whole vehicle. As RIC mentioned, the spread side becomes more saturated with Z8 and each subsequent panel requires less misting to complete.

imported_Burlyq
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_M

I feel like an idiot, but what exactly is a spray sealant? And how is this different than Z6? I just know that the finish feels smoother with Z8 than Z6

Spray sealant adds protection instead of just addking gloss like z6. If it is water based you can add water, but you might not want to. Try a small portion in a spray bottle and see if it works for you. I put my z8 in a small bottle too and it lasts and lasts. One two once bottle will do 4 cars.

Mochamanz1
06-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I wouldn`t do that. Diluting the Z8 probably wastes the product, rather than extending the volume of usable product. As suggested in other posts here, a small spray bottle can be used to meter the volume of Z8 used. ( I found some small 2 oz spray bottles with a micro misting action in the cosmetic aisle in Rite Aide ) I use a high quality MF applicator, which I mist with Z6 to moisten, to apply Z8. I use as little as 3/4 oz on a mid sized car this way.:xyxthumbs