PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover?

JasonD
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
One thing I don`t have in my garage is a good, safe tar remover. I usually use lacquer thinner very carefully and never had a problem yet, but I`d like to have something that isn`t so harsh.

I followed the 30% off link on the homepage and got to looking at the Autoglym products. How is their tar remover? Any good?

Is there anything better that I should be looking at instead?

chml17l
06-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I really don`t have any recommendations because I haven`t personally used any dedicated tar removers in years. But, you might like to check out this link for some of my thoughts on solvent vs. non-solvent based B&T removers.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57283&highlight=tar

Richt
06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Autoglym Tar Remover is my go to Tar remover the only one I have ever brought and never tried anything else. Tar wipes straight off, but I feel sealants and waxes to.

It can be used when the cars wet or dry so is quite versatile, i would give it a go.

imported_themightytimmah
06-10-2005, 12:50 AM
I`ve never used itm but I`ve gotta give the nod to Tarminator. Its locally available, and its saved me some mondo time with a claybar.

benpocock
06-10-2005, 02:58 AM
I`m with Rich - for the few times I need a tar remover I go straight for the AG, and, like him, have never tried anything else.

Ben

AndyC_1
06-10-2005, 03:24 AM
Another vote for AG here - Megs Gold Class is OK but not in the same league as AG IMHO.

D3mon
06-10-2005, 03:57 AM
AG Intensive Tar Remover is my current `strip` product. I use it to strip all my wax / sealants etc. before re-claying, re-polishing, re-sealing and re-waxing

Lowejackson
06-10-2005, 04:44 AM
As with the other comments, I use the AG without any problems

gkerr4
06-11-2005, 10:13 AM
me too - I think it is excellent, but it does strip off all (imo) wax you have on the paint. It is also great for removing adheshive residue and all manner of things from your paint (and other household stuff I might add!)

Mr. Clean
06-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Glad to read the good word on the Autoglym. I purchased a bottle from Autopia over a year ago and it sits unopened. :o I picked it up as well as the 1Z Insect & Tar Pre-cleaner product because I was seeing a lot of tar spotted vehicles. Once I got the products, the problem seemed to diminish. :nixweiss

So, I guess it works really well. It prevents the tar :D