PDA

View Full Version : car scratched bad got repainted! need help...

srtviperricky
06-09-2005, 12:58 PM
well the garage scratched the **** out of my 1 month old viper so I had to get the front bumper repainted. Any advice on waht I should use on it? Before the damage I had 2 coats aio and 3 coats UPP and was going to wax it when it happened with souveran. What should I start with on the front bumper? Should I start the whole process again with the bumper only? like clay aio upp etc. or should I just wax it leave it alone or what?

imported_themightytimmah
06-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Glaze it. Wait a month or so before doing anything stronger, then seal/polish/wax to your hearts content :).

MongooseGA
06-09-2005, 08:18 PM
When you say the garage scratched your car, do you mean that eomployyes at the garage you take her to for maintenance scratched it, or you just can`t pull into your garage at home too well?

imported_animes2k
06-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I`m guessing the guys at the garage did it? Don`t get me started on those morons... TWICE my SMALL car was damaged by the parking lot attendants - the same right rear fender... grrr...

Like timmah said, a glaze for about 4 weeks (ask the body shop if you`re unsure) to allow the paint to cure completely. A nice glaze like imperial hand glaze, but the sealants and wax should wait until the paint is completely cured.

srtviperricky
06-09-2005, 11:21 PM
What type of glaze? I don`t drive the car often anyways maybe I should just leave the paint alone for exactly a month and then clay and aio, seal and finally wax! Would this be okay? I accidently closed the garage on my own front bumper! I thought the car was out far enough and started loading the cds, my elbow hit the garage remote and I didn`t realize it. Freaken sensors didn`t work and the garage kept coming down ripping the paint right off the front on my brand new car!! Freaken horible!

Accumulator
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Having tried a bunch of the usual "fresh paint safe" products, I now use Meg`s #5 New Car Glaze on fresh paint. Order up a bottle (it`s only about $14) and use it until the paint has finished curing (I`d wait *two* months). It won`t go bad so you can just keep it around for ever and a day. Some day you`ll need it again ;)

With the #5 on the front bumper cover you can still drive it without having the car`s leading edge completely unprotected.