PDA

View Full Version : New Carpet Extractor, any pros ever heard of this brand?

General Lee
12-25-2004, 02:27 AM
I got a new portable carpet extractor as a gift and was wondering if any of the pros ever heard of this brand and anything else they may know about it.

The brand in called an ERASER

It is portable and seems somewhat as a commercial grade. It is shaped somewhat like an egg with a 2 gallon tank on the bottom and the catch basin on top. Its not heated, it recommends water up 140 degrees. That is basically all I know about it, I haven`t had a chance to tear into it yet. Something like this is all I need for now it will handle my work load just fine, that is if it works well.

General Lee
12-25-2004, 04:30 AM
Found a pic

http://www.cleancraft.com/pict/eraser.JPG

smprince1
12-25-2004, 08:47 AM
I believe it is made by Thoromatic out of Illinois. That company makes all kinds of floor care machines such as buffers, extractors, etc.

That unit looks just like one I have been looking at on eBay. That one is marketed under the name Bee Sure. The price looks good.

Please let us know how well it performs. It looks like it may be a good intermediate step between a Bissel Little Green Machine and a full-blown professional extractor.

sgo
12-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Here`s what I found out about it.

Thoro-Matic Eraser (Part # TCER)

Add To Cart

$408.79

It`s a mini spotter, mini extractor, mini-magician. The portable way to erase spills, spots, and stains. It flushes out stubborn soils quickly and safely, helps prevent resoiling , reduces frequency or carpet shampooings and furniture cleanings.

Solution and recovery tanks are 25% larger than other equipment to handle larger cleaning tasks.
Powerful vacuum motor, rated at 104 CFM and 91" water lift, assures more efficient recovery.
Ball float vacuum shut off automatically eliminates possibility of solution being sucked into motor.
Rotationally molded polyethylene body is virtually indestructible, rolls easily on 4 heavy duty casters.
Comes complete with vacuum solution hose assembly, 4" clear hand tool and brass fittings (9" and 12" stainless steel drag wands available).
1 year warranty
This web site is offering a "search engine discount" until the 31st.
http://www.longbeachvacuum.com/catalog/product.php?pid=963

Ed Hartman
12-25-2004, 01:32 PM
It should do fine. All u need is a good pre-spray(Traffic Lane Cleaner). Many good ones at www.jondon.com. Prochem Ultrapac is one of my favorites, although they have many to choose from. I would not use anything retail, as most of those tend to foam. The site I gave you above is the products the pro`s use and designed to work with heated extraction. For cars, the PH level of a pre-spray should not go over 9.5...Then all u need to do is rinse with hot water, I would not run detergents through the unit.

The best way to use this unit is as follows:

#1 Vacuum car throughly
#2 Apply pre-spray (traffic lane cleaner) to carpet/upholstery. Most traffic lane cleaners have high dilution. Apply with trigger sprayer or pump up sprayer
#3 Get a horseshoe brush and agitate pre-spray into carpet. Let dwell 10 minutes. If you are cleaning someones seats you need horsehair as it is soft and will not damage the upholstery.
#4 Extract with hottest water you can get. If you want to boost your heat, get a "bucket heater". You simply plug it in and put it into your bucket full of water. It will make the water boiling hot. The hotter the water the better when you extract.

Thats my humble opinion as I clean carpets for a living.

General Lee
12-25-2004, 07:35 PM
sgo- Yeah after a little further research, that info you posted is what I found. It retails for 595.00 but available for the price you posted. For 400.00 it seems it may be a decent unit.(considering the bissel LGM is @ 100.00, and people like using that) definitly easy to carry around.

Ed Hartman- Thanks for the link, and the recommendations. Good info

smprince- I definitly will update on its performance as soon as I can.

derek37
12-26-2004, 03:39 AM
[QUOTE=Ed Hartman]
....get a "bucket heater". Ok, cool I`ll take one. Uh, where would you get these?? :confused:
QUOTE]

Ed Hartman
12-26-2004, 10:40 AM
http://www.jon-doninc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=235

Derek37, there you go.

scottlee
12-26-2004, 11:10 AM
that bucket heater looks like it might come in very handy for the mobile guys, warm water always makes things much more comfortable

ndnguy
12-26-2004, 01:35 PM
that bucket heater looks like it might come in very handy for the mobile guys, warm water always makes things much more comfortable

Indeed it does! I`ll be getting one of these for sure, even though I live in Los Angeles, I`ve had some cold cold mornings where washing someones car seems about as fun as sitting naked in a beer cooler...with no beer.

derek37
12-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Excellent Ed, thank you very much :)

General Lee
12-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Only problem is my extractor recommends water not to exceed 140 degrees......