PDA

View Full Version : what to use?

calgarygts
06-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, I`ve just finished my first real detail since I bought my PC7424 on my 2000 celica, and it looks a million times better. I was worried at first but it turned out pretty good. I was a bit rushed but it`s looking much better - I`ll post some pictures in the click and brag section when I can get some.

I have a couple of questions now that I`m done the detail. First off, when you clay the car do you just wipe down the lube or do you hose down the car again? I just wiped with a mf towel as I went along.

Also, I used one coat each of SFX1, SFX2 and SFX3 (with the appropriate pads) and then a coat of some wax I had from last year. It is the meguire`s carnauba, step 3 of their three step system. I`m pretty sure this is a junk wax, but it`s all I had. I`m thinking of getting some NXT tonight but want to know if I need to clean the carnauba off before applying NXT. If so how would I go about doing that? Also, what waxes do you guys recommend for my spectra mica blue? It`s a lighter blue with metal flakes (very bright in the sun and much darker in the shade). I want to do the sealant/carnauba thing, but does the SFX3 act as a sealant already? If so should I not get NXT and just get a good carnauba?

Thanks for all the info that lead to me changing my car for the better!

PS- how long did your first detail take? It took me about 6 hours to do only the paint!!!!

calgarygts
06-09-2005, 01:10 PM
no suggestions before I go home today?

Wasatch
06-09-2005, 02:23 PM
After claying you can do either wash again, go to a polish and/or cleaner, PBs Spray & Wipe, rinse off.

NXT will remove the wax most likely. I did a NXT/S100 combo which looked pretty good.

Some waxes that would look good would be: Natty`s, Pinnacle`s Signature Series, Adam`s Butter Wax, PBs EX, TOTLs Pizzazz....

Six hours is a long time to spend on just the paint with a PC, but then again I do not know what shape it was in prior.