PDA

View Full Version : 303 or PB Trim restorer??

blackrex
06-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Big fan of 303 on interior, tires and exterior trim. Heard some good things about poorboys Trim restorer. Any opinions or preferences? Looking for something that may last a little longer then 303 on exterior trim that is in fairly good condition.

imported_gusbubba
06-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Trim Restorer , in my experience , is very durable. I`ve had it on my exterior trim for over two months now , with no touch-ups , and it still looks great . It held up well over the winter , also , on the previous application.

It has a very deep and glossy look , especially on textured trim , but can be buffed down. Having a white vehicle , I prefer to leave it wet looking so the trim stands out more. Have not had problems with running or streaking when it gets wet.

For interior trim , you may want to cut it. I`ve gone 50-50 with good results.

imported_Denzil
06-09-2005, 12:01 PM
303 AP works really well in the interior but I tend to disagree for the exterior. Well, let`s just say that 303 AP just protects but does not restore trim. I am assuming the PB Trim Restorer DOES considering its product name yet I have not had any experience with it. Other than that, 303 AP is a good product nonetheless for both interior and exterior.

raymond_ho2002
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
In my hands, trim restorer sucks on smooth trim. It comes out blotchy, so you have to go over an area several times in order to even it out. Poorboy`s even states that it`s meant for textured trim.

On textured trim, it works *amazingly* well. It`s been a few weeks since i put it on the trim of a 93 accord, but it still looks like i just applied it, even after 3 washes and 2 days of rain. It spreads very nicely too.. i gave a foam block two mini-squirts and it was enough to go around the car (there`s not too much trim on the accord though, it just lines underneath the doors and bumpers).

blackrex
06-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Got the PB trim restorer used this past weeken so far very happy with application and appearance. See what happens after first rain or wash. :buffing: