PDA

View Full Version : Strange discoloration

Boongie
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
My new 2005 Camry has a strange discoloration on the lower plastic panel on the inside of the driver`s side door. The car has a gray interior. The area is about 1.5 inches in an irregular shape and is somwhat lighter in color than the rest of the panel. It appears to be in the plastic and not on the surface. It did not respond to a light cleaning with soapy water that I tried. I have not yet brought it to the attention of the dealer. Has anybody seen anything like this and is there anything that I can do to remove (or hide) the discoloration?

SpoiledMan
06-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Take it back to the dealer and show it to them. Enjoy the freebies in the lounge while they replace it.

Boongie
06-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by SpoiledMan

Take it back to the dealer and show it to them. Enjoy the freebies in the lounge while they replace it.

I should have mentioned that I bought the car as a dealer demo model with 5,000 miles on it. It does have the Toyota new car warranty. I am not sure if the dealership would be willing to replace it...it is a large panel that covers about half of the door.

imported_Denzil
06-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Well, it really wouldn`t hurt too much to try. If they can`t replace it for you for free, just demand that they give you a discounted one just like they discounted the demo model.

Setec Astronomy
06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
That`s a material defect and should be covered by warranty, no questions asked.

maypo
06-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

That`s a material defect and should be covered by warranty, no questions asked.

Yes, even if you bought it as a Demo.......

Mochamanz1
06-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Boongie

My new 2005 Camry has a strange discoloration on the lower plastic panel on the inside of the driver`s side door. The car has a gray interior. The area is about 1.5 inches in an irregular shape and is somwhat lighter in color than the rest of the panel. It appears to be in the plastic and not on the surface. It did not respond to a light cleaning with soapy water that I tried. I have not yet brought it to the attention of the dealer. Has anybody seen anything like this and is there anything that I can do to remove (or hide) the discoloration?

Adhesive damage? Sounds like the material has manufacturing defects.

Boongie
06-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi all:

I will try to post an image of the discoloration.

Thanks