PDA

View Full Version : Dust Magnet with S100?

longarm
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
OK, I have a little problem. I detailed my Black 03 Ford Focus this past weekend. I used IP x1,k FP x2, NXT x2,

and S100 x1. This is the second time I have noticed that after using this combo of NXT and then a S100 Topper that my car is a HUGE dust magnet. :nixweiss The NXT had PLENTY of cure time in a controled enviornment. (Insulated garage) My truck never had this problem with any other wax. I have noticed that the S100 gives a great shine, but attracts dust like a champ. My car was sitting in my front garage and over a period of 24 hours, was covered in dust. :grrr I don`t even live on a dirt road! The garage door was open all day if that helps at all. My truck however, was fine. No dust covering. It was done with BF and Pinnacle LS though. Any thoughts or suggections?

If I use the NXT booster, will this remove the S100? I can throw some #16 over the car. I have PLENTY of that stuff. I also have a full bottle of Race Glaze. I chose the NXT because there are some swirls that I just can`t get out with my PC and I`d rather just hide them as best as possible as I plan on trading it in this next Feb. around tax return time. I just want something clean & shiny, as I can`t stand a dirty car.

All your suggections are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone.

ntoddalbert
06-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Wow, my results couldn`t me any more opposite. I find S100 to be the most dust resistant stuff I use. Of course its all about what the dust is in your neck of the woods. Plus my car is white....

DaGonz
06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
More than likely the culprit is pollen I have a lot of trees on my property and there are days where it`s pollen city. My cali car duster gets a workout!

chml17l
06-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I have to agree with FalconGuy. I not only find s100 is dust resistant, but will actually release dirt/dust from painted surfaces during a rainstorm better than any wax/sealant I have ever used.

My guess is you are getting a static buildup when buffing off the wax. The static charge attracts dust. You should be fine after the first wash.

I doubt if the NXT booster would remove much if any of the s100, but I would recommend using a carnauba based spray wax instead of the NXT. Not that I don`t like NXT or their booster, I just think you would get better longevity out of something like Optimum`s spray wax.:xyxthumbs

percynjpn
06-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I haven`t tried NXT yet, but I`ve never found S100 to attract dust more than any other carnaubas (in fact, it`s better than most others I`ve used). :nixweiss

SilverLexus
06-09-2005, 11:39 AM
"I find S100 to be the most dust resistant stuff I use."

Same here. Your trouble might have something to do with local conditions or prep...

ntoddalbert
06-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Pollen has been really bad this year, might just be that?

Between the Pollen and the Sap im washing too much this season, nothing is lasting very long